Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2022 Pre Game Prognostications (Read 3057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1, Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #15
Richmond have a weaker defense than usual especially if Grimes is out...Astbury and Houli have retired and they have imported Tarrant to help fill the gaps. Decent player that he is he wont make up for the others missing and IMO this is our best chance to beat Richmond and we should start favorites. They do have Dusty Martin back and still have a a very dangerous forward line as well as two big strong rucks especially with Nankervis who dines out on us most games but hopefully DeKoning later in the game can out jump them and provide us with a spark as it really is the battle of the mids that will win the game.
Lambert and Graham out will help and I'm hoping Prestia wont play either, Tigers are still a force and of course have the biggest X factor in the comp in Martin but this is a must win game IMO.

Good to have you back safe and sound EB. Wouldn't be without my stent! 👍
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Good to have you back safe and sound EB. Wouldn't be without my stent! 👍
Thanks Cookie, nice to be back and share your appreciation for our extra arterial additions...😎

Reply #17
Thanks DJ, happy to be back amongst fine company such as your good self, happy to share I had a heart scare and now have a stent for company in an artery but on the mend and given the sad losses recently of SK Warne, R, Marsh and Senator Kitching I'm not complaining especially with the excellent care I received by both the ambulance and hospital staff.

Rapt you're back mate. CSC is not the same without your regular insights!

Stay healthy brother.

Reply #21
Good to have you back EB.

I had the open heart job done 3 years ago and all is still going well.
I hope it does the same for you mate.
We need you here.  ;)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #22
Thanks DJ, happy to be back amongst fine company such as your good self, happy to share I had a heart scare and now have a stent for company in an artery but on the mend and given the sad losses recently of SK Warne, R, Marsh and Senator Kitching I'm not complaining especially with the excellent care I received by both the ambulance and hospital staff.

Sorry to hear of your ordeal, EB1, but rapt you've come through it and are back on deck here, sharing your thoughts and insights. Take care, Mate. Cheers and good health to you!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Names such as SPS, Newnes, Setterfield, Casboult, Fogarty, Murphy, Plowman, Ed Curnow, Williamson and Gibbons from Round 1 last year will be superceded by the likes of Williams, Cerra, Hewett, Charlie, Owies, Durdin, Kemp and Kennedy.
I think the changes in our list from Round 1 last year are far more significant than any changes they would have made.  Our improvement must get us across the line!!!

Reply #24
Good to have you back EB.

I had the open heart job done 3 years ago and all is still going well.
I hope it does the same for you mate.
We need you here.  ;)
Thanks Sandy..good to hear you are tracking well too..

Reply #25
Sorry to hear of your ordeal, EB1, but rapt you've come through it and are back on deck here, sharing your thoughts and insights. Take care, Mate. Cheers and good health to you!
Thanks Baggers, glad to be back with you and the other fine Navy Blue folk on the forum..

Reply #26
With all the others EB....good to have you back onboard and hopefully strapped in for another up and down year in Navy Blue!

Reply #27
Ditto from me EB
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
With all the others EB....good to have you back onboard and hopefully strapped in for another up and down year in Navy Blue!
Thanks Surfie, hopefully more up than down 😉, strange start to the season for me actually as I am going to see the Saints v Pies on Friday night with my Son in Law and his family. I wasnt going to go but given they are Ukranian background and his mother has had a stroke recently and lost her sight in one eye I couldnt refuse given how kind they have been to me and my wife yet have a multitude of their own problems. Mad keen Saints fans so I will have to park the Navy Blue scarf for the evening and show some love for Brett Ratten and team....