Skip to main content
Topic: Season 2022 (Read 1341 times) previous topic - next topic

Season 2022

Dad's Army the Handbaggers have turned CheatsFC from the AFL Media's flag boosting favourites into Fubar in just a 1/2 of football!

CheatsFC have gone from Cherry Ripe to Rotten to the Core in the blink of an eye! ;D

I'm half tempted to turn it on just to watch a puddle of dreams developing right before my eyes!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Season 2022

Reply #1
When CheatsFC are being pumped, the written commentary and feed on the AFL website slows to a crawl, suddenly bursting back to life if they get a goal!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
I thought CheatsFC overperformed big time last year, and despite all the experts saying they were top-4 material, I was expecting them to go the other way.

They basically have no forward line.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #3
Not surprised Jack Hayes did well for Stkilda, really wanted him at Carlton.
Was a dominant player in the SANFL and always looked a player whose physical approach would do well in the AFL.
Nic Martin from Essendon also looked a classy addition, pity he is a bomber.
Cats looked good but to me are the same old Cats who will beat up the weak teams but will fail vs the better teams.

Reply #4
Not surprised Jack Hayes did well for Stkilda, really wanted him at Carlton.
Was a dominant player in the SANFL and always looked a player whose physical approach would do well in the AFL.
Nic Martin from Essendon also looked a classy addition, pity he is a bomber.
Cats looked good but to me are the same old Cats who will beat up the weak teams but will fail vs the better teams.
You expect the cats to jump out of the box early.
Once the grind of weekly games starts to take its toll, the older blokes will start to feel it more and more and hopefully by finals time are completely shot.

Reply #5
The teams that have prioritsed counterattacking after intercepting the ball in D50 rather than  winning stoppages are going to suffer this year. The 6-6-6 rule, standing on the mark rule, & tightened holding-the-ball interpretation, amongst other changes, have enabled teams with centre-square dominance to score well so far in Round 1. Scoring is well up on recent years.

The Hawthorn-North match is probably the 2nd-best game of the opening round so far (after ours of course). That's not what I expected. It's a pretty free-flowing match with individual highlights. Mitch Lewis is looking the goods as a power forward and Jiath is showing amazing athleticism for a guy returning from serious injury. Horne-Francis is living up to the press he's received. He's had 7 possies in the 1st quarter and North scored in the aftermath of 5 of them. 

Reply #6
It'll be very hard to gauge form this season until each team has played a range of opponents as tactics are more varied than ever before, so I suspect it will be Rnd 6 - 8 before things settle down and take shape.
The Force Awakens!