Skip to main content
Topic: power prices surge (Read 1006 times) previous topic - next topic

power prices surge

More people in the poor house. 

Re: power prices surge

Reply #1
Strange that this information was due for release on May 1 but somehow it was delayed until after the election. Coincidence?

Reply #2
Strange that this information was due for release on May 1 but somehow it was delayed until after the election. Coincidence?
nope, not when there is a way to keep power prices down and it comes from a coal fired furnace.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
China Light and Power company(Energy Aus) will be happy as will Chow Tai Fook Enterprises(Alinta).....Problem with Australia is we need overseas investment to upgrade the Electrical infrastructure which is why Mike Cannon Brookes says he can fix AGL(in the middle of a silly demerger), and make the dirtiest largest company in Aus cleaner/greener but the present board cant.
Brookfield bought my old employer Ausnet and recently Spark Infrastructure also went to a private equity company.....Government just approve everything because they dont want to pay for anything and these takeover companies are cashed up. Generation costs are up and coal and gas prices  up due to demand and also the Ukraine war.
Dont see prices coming down anytime soon and I'll be interested to see the Labor party's plan for more renewable' s being implemented...Id expect more demand for Solar panels controllers, batteries now and those prices to go up too..

Reply #4
Dont see prices coming down anytime soon and I'll be interested to see the Labor party's plan for more renewable' s being implemented...Id expect more demand for Solar panels controllers, batteries now and those prices to go up too..
Yep agree, anyone who thinks this idea of renewable energy and eTransport will approach the costs of the past are being fooled by the spin. The boosters make analogies that the critical point is when renewable / batteries reach parity with the energy from a ton of coal or oil, and people think that means the prices for renewables will fall, but in reality the price of energy from a ton of coal or oil will rise and eventually meet parity with renewable energy, where this ends depends on the subject of removing subsidies for all of them, and the price will be significantly higher than we pay now.

This is a big reason why I see the undermining of hydrogen and nuclear as a folly, sooner or later people will get very serious about this and the underlying driver of the debate will no longer be shares in renewables like solar or wind.
The Force Awakens!