Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs GWS (Read 3613 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 19 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs GWS

All ready for the outpouring of emotion ... :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 19 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
Win's a win but we aren't good enough for long enough yet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
End result never in doubt.

Withstood their pressure and got the win in a relatively comfortable fashion.

If i had've asked you if you'd take a 6-goal win pre-game, not many would've said no.

Reply #3
Take the 4 points and move onto next week. Comfortable in the end but still some pretty untidy stuff to sort out. Can't believe I'm saying it but thought Setterfield was good today and O'Brien not bad either.

Still think Pittonet needs to come back in and get one game under his belt before the Melbourne clash. It'll give TDK a bit of a chop out and let Silvagni play permanent forward and up around the wings.

Glad McGovern got through too. Will be hard squeezing him and Marchbank into the same backline but it'll be a nice problem to have if it happens.

Reply #4
It all came in a bit of a rush at the end, but not altogether convincing, against an ordinary team with real issues. The 6 goal margin is a little deceptive IMO. GWS have plenty of good players out : Daniels, Davis, deBoer, Hill, Kennedy, Kelly, Perryman.

I don't get the hate for Setterfield. 50 games over 6 seasons, interrupted by Covid, injuries, 3 coaches at Carlton. Not many will show their stuff under those circumstances.

Reply #5
BTW, someone needs to teach Honey the words to the song. He got very lost in the middle there and clearly doesn't know the words.

Reply #6
I don't get the hate for Setterfield. 50 games over 6 seasons, interrupted by Covid, injuries, 3 coaches at Carlton. Not many will show their stuff under those circumstances.
Yes, it's easy for fans to pay out on the extras when you've got quite a few headliners in the starting 18. But Setterfield is OK, as is LoB and Cottrell.

Which is interesting, because playing GWS over the last 5 years they are a prime example too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. The AFL won't make that mistake again when Tassie enters the competition.

Bit of an odd game today, not sure the GWS fill-in coach has what it takes given the way they are playing, not much system dispersed with moments of brilliance, and we sort of fell into playing the very same way. I think we played our way for about 15 minutes and that was enough to win the game.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
BTW, someone needs to teach Honey the words to the song. He got very lost in the middle there and clearly doesn't know the words.

I noticed that too.
Should be a minimum requirement. Embarrassing for the club. He should have to recite until he gets it right before joining in training. A bit like the skin folds idea. He's been on the list a couple of years.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
I noticed that too.
Should be a minimum requirement. Embarrassing for the club. He should have to recite until he gets it right before joining in training. A bit like the skin folds idea. He's been on the list a couple of years.
He must know it the VFL have been singing it endlessly this season, but that song effort could explain his fading in and out of games.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
End result never in doubt.

Withstood their pressure and got the win in a relatively comfortable fashion.

If i had've asked you if you'd take a 6-goal win pre-game, not many would've said no.

I agree. Take the 4 points. If you said take 6 goals as a result and the team doesn’t have to hit the field, I would have said yes and don’t risk injuries. Need to get some form happening to get ready for finals. Sides like Melbourne have shown that any side can win or lose on the day. Their form hasn’t been great.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
I agree. Take the 4 points.
Very true, but I suspect the coach will have plenty to say about our decision making going inside F50, we generated plenty of opportunities but we burnt a lot of players with our choice of target. We must have gone to Motlop 3 or 4 times when he was one out against two opponents when, Charlie, BigH, Cripps or SoJ had one on ones in the pocket or flank!

One very good thing is, when things go wrong as they still do, we are not dropping heads much anymore.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11

It was really noticeable...it may not have been so much that he wasn't sure of the words but more that his mind seemed elsewhere.
Watching him I got the feeling of someone who felt he really didn't belong. That may have been due to feeling a little down with his own performance, He may have copped a blast through the game. I suspect he realises he'll be lucky to hold his place...all those could have contributed to a lack of enthusiasm.

I thought Cripps was awful for most of the day...a little better towards the end.

Reply #12
I noticed that too.
Just get rid of him and the problem goes away, I'd rather others get games.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
Yep agree too - just no interest to sing the song after the win. I put that down to attitude towards the club and fans.

Reply #14
Yep agree too - just no interest to sing the song after the win. I put that down to attitude towards the club and fans.
Althought it cures another problem, the basis for my comment has nothing to do with the song (which was embarrassing to watch), I just reckon he isn't good enough.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th