Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4934 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

A Saturday night game and we're not on TV: with the Commonwealth Games on, no footy on TV on Saturday night.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 20 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
I suspect you are wrong, Ch.7 have the 7pm Bulldogs / Handbaggers game listed! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
I suspect you are wrong, Ch.7 have the 7pm Bulldogs / Handbaggers game listed! ;)
Not according to afl.com.au, but it isn't like these people have been wrong before.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
At this point I'd be hoping for Marc Pittonet to come into the side for this game. He needs time at the top to reach the form he was in before he got injured.
Owies and Martin will be available. I don't expect both of them to come in, although one may.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Owies for Honey I reckon if if he's fit. If Pittonet comes in, SOS can play mainly forward and up high around the wings.....not sure him and Jack Martin can both play that role?

Reply #5
Be interesting to see how Walsh an Weitering pull up, hopefully they are ok and play. We need our best on the park for the remainder of the season.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Be interesting to see how Walsh an Weitering pull up, hopefully they are ok and play. We need our best on the park for the remainder of the season.
Indeed. Walsh is a warrior, but he needs to be fit to get the best from himself.
Weitering needs time on the park to get some confidence back. He is not playing that well at the moment. he actually started the year a bit like this, and warmed into it. By the time we played Sydney, Weitering was at his best and dominated Franklin. That's what we need in the finals.
Young is the other one who has gone backwards lately. He isn't holding his marks at the moment and often two-hand punches where he was out-marking opponents earlier in the year. He needs to get that marking back.
One thing that was definitely in our favour was that McGovern was marking the ball pretty well. He'll get better at that as he gains more confidence .
Today was the a perfect opportunity to show how valuable Pittonet was earlier in the year. Tom de Koning struggles against the real Bull rucks. The other athletic rucks he usually beats.
Tom also doesn't direct his taps as well as Pittonet does. It is everything he can do to get his hand on the ball. Three or four time he gets it right and puts it down a mid's throat. They look just so good. But that is not the norm.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
If Weitering needs a rest, this is our last chance before finals.
Give him the week off, bring in Marchbank.
We'd have Young, McGovern and Marchbank to hold down 2KPs and an intercepting role.....and get away with it against the crows.

Last 3 weeks we have Dees, Lions, Pies. We need to be at full strength for them.

Reply #8
Indeed. Walsh is a warrior, but he needs to be fit to get the best from himself.
Weitering needs time on the park to get some confidence back. He is not playing that well at the moment. he actually started the year a bit like this, and warmed into it. By the time we played Sydney, Weitering was at his best and dominated Franklin. That's what we need in the finals.
Young is the other one who has gone backwards lately. He isn't holding his marks at the moment and often two-hand punches where he was out-marking opponents earlier in the year. He needs to get that marking back.
One thing that was definitely in our favour was that McGovern was marking the ball pretty well. He'll get better at that as he gains more confidence .
Today was the a perfect opportunity to show how valuable Pittonet was earlier in the year. Tom de Koning struggles against the real Bull rucks. The other athletic rucks he usually beats.
Tom also doesn't direct his taps as well as Pittonet does. It is everything he can do to get his hand on the ball. Three or four time he gets it right and puts it down a mid's throat. They look just so good. But that is not the norm.
Today Tom hit it down the throat of their mids a few times despite being in clear air. Needs to stay composed, comes with confidence I guess. Pitto will provide some much needed support for Tommy and hopefully some confidence.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Small forwards are really disappointing and don't see them lifting when the heat is on as they havn't really all year - our talls doing it all. Understand we are playing the long game with them but how long?.... throw kitchen sink at Rankine and trade some players out.

Reply #10
Case in point Breust, Rioli and Puopolo causing chaos when Tall forwards were firing. To take the next step with defence and mids so good need small forwards to step it up

Reply #11
Small forwards are really disappointing and don't see them lifting when the heat is on as they havn't really all year - our talls doing it all. Understand we are playing the long game with them but how long?.... throw kitchen sink at Rankine and trade some players out.
I think Durdin and Motts will be fine, they need experience playing together and learning how to get at the feet of the tall timber. They chase and harass and do all the 1% team stuff, just need to hit the scoreboard more often, it will come I reckon. Im tipping Durds will light it up this week in Adelaide in front of family and friends.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
So assuming Pitto, Hewitt and Owies come in, who goes out?

Honey would be a definite out for me.
Cotts, Motts, LOB?/
Med Sub Newnes out for Owies as the med sub?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
I think Durdin and Motts will be fine, they need experience playing together and learning how to get at the feet of the tall timber. They chase and harass and do all the 1% team stuff, just need to hit the scoreboard more often, it will come I reckon. Im tipping Durds will light it up this week in Adelaide in front of family and friends.

Small Durds Im a fan but doesn't do enough when the heat is on atm. Maybe in the future but right now he just doesn't.
Honey is explosive that has had injury problems early in the year and for a young player it sets them back. The only reason I say this because when I was playing (not AFL) without a big pre season you do feel a little bit behind the eight ball.
Motts - love him but 1-2 pre season away.
Owies - our best small forward and really says alot.

Need to improve the quality in this area.

Reply #14
Walsh will be very, very sore today. Warrior or not, I'd make him take a week off and get himself right for a big final 3 weeks. Give Dow a chance to show that he is ready to go if required over the next 2 months.