42 - Adam Saad
43 - Will Setterfield
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov
46 - Matthew Cottrell
Topic: Who is our best 22? (Read 2026 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who is our best 22?

Reply #30
How did Young get an extra vote?  All of the usual suspects are on 15, and he is on 16......
There was someone who seemingly voted for all the worst players.....guess he didn't know who young was and voted for him too.
There are 16 people who have voted.

Reply #31
Correct.  I can see Young being overlooked depending on who we play. If Marchy, Gov and Weitering are all on the park and good to go then there will be a couple of oppositions where that 'tall 3' combo might be more effective. 
Also don't  be surprised if Setterfield disrupts a few 'best 22' in the next few weeks.

Young is a lock in my book.  Our best recruit this year (slightly shades Hewitt).

When Jones was gone, our backline was looking very thin.  But it is better than ever now, due in no small part to Young.  He has one of the best spoils in the game.

What were the Bulldogs thinking?
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #32
Young is a lock in my book.  Our best recruit this year (slightly shades Hewitt).

When Jones was gone, our backline was looking very thin.  But it is better than ever now, due in no small part to Young.  He has one of the best spoils in the game.

What were the Bulldogs thinking?

Given the amount if i juries we've had,especially from key backs, if we didnt recruit young there is no chance we'd be playing finals this year.
Zero.

Reply #33
Shouldnt we be choosing 23?

4 interchange and a sub?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
Marchbank looked pretty good in that one game back against Essendon and it will be a nice "problem" to have if we get all of him, McGovern and Young up and running at the same time. But Young definitely in the best 22 IMO. Just his sheer size means he can play on the big key forwards or resting ruckman.

Reply #35
Shouldnt we be choosing 23?

4 interchange and a sub?

I thought about it, but then i thought its a bit of a cop out.
22 will play. 23 if you're unlucky.
Do you include 3 more for emergencies if there is a late change too? You gotta stop somewhere. I stopped at 22.

If there was a way to change the poll to include a 'specific sub' then i would have.