Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2022 Rd 18 Carlton vs Williamstown at Williamstown (Read 1394 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2022 Rd 18 Carlton vs Williamstown at Williamstown

Reply #15
What a shocking day.
[1] Fogarty wants to play seniors. Not sure many others do, not on this performance.
Stocker didn't do enough. 13 possessions isn't enough in the circumstances.
Mirkov was beaten for one of the few times this year. Downie had a really good game and showed how far Mirkov has to go.
Martin is not looking like he wants it enough. He is going to have to do more. He might get a go because Durdin got hurt, but that would be all.
Akuei did nothing at all. 2 possessions.
Marchbank's 16 possessions wasn't really enough either.
[2] Our VFL boys didn't have good afternoons.
Glass-McCasker barely had a touch and kicked only 1 point.
Crocker had only 7 possessions for no score at all.
[3] Kemp stood up. He didn't have a lot of mates.
[4] We still came home with a wet sail; 5 out of the last 6 goals. Says what we could have done, if we'd been on song all game.
Sounds like players in the 2s also dropped their bundle this week? Did Dow travel with the 1s?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: VFL 2022 Rd 18 Carlton vs Williamstown at Williamstown

Reply #17
Too true. The one fond memory I have of Willi was being there for one of JSOSs first games. And you're so right about the pies... gotta eat 'em in a hurry if you want to enjoy them better than lukewarm!

...and if my memory serves me correctly, Ye Rat O' The River was also with us at that Willi game... though he was much more modest with his pie consumption ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17