Skip to main content
Topic: The Boss - Weiters (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

The Boss - Weiters

If you want to get an insight into we we are currently ranked 1 in defence, look no further. Composed, clear and in charge.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1182900/afl-r19-weitering-on-the-mic?videoId=1182900&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1658967251001
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: The Boss - Weiters

Reply #1
If you want to get an insight into we we are currently ranked 1 in defence, look no further. Composed, clear and in charge.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/1182900/afl-r19-weitering-on-the-mic?videoId=1182900&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1658967251001

Interesting insight ... but our defence didn't falter when Weiters was out.

I think that Vossy changed our defence by:
1.  Introducing the "how can I be a better teammate" mantra;
2.  Insisting on putting pressure on the opposition over the entire ground for the whole game; and
3.  Bringing in Sammy Hamill as backline coach.

Layers of leadership doesn't go astray either.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2

No quite Bruce Doull level of communication, but when he speaks, you need to listen.

No excessive chatter.

Reply #3
A couple of times I thought weiters could have talked more.  One when Lewis Young was parked under it.  The other i couldn't recall but just telling players they're hot is a good idea. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Interesting insight ... but our defence didn't falter when Weiters was out.

I think that Vossy changed our defence by:
1.  Introducing the "how can I be a better teammate" mantra;
2.  Insisting on putting pressure on the opposition over the entire ground for the whole game; and
3.  Bringing in Sammy Hamill as backline coach.

Layers of leadership doesn't go astray either.
Our no 1 status is based on our last 6 games of which Weiters has been part the last 3. The defences structures and mechanisms have been there and he is of the key on field drivers of these systems.
Sammy Hamill definatelyt has been a big part of the resurgence in this area. From what I have been told, he demands extremely high standards of the defensive group who from a personnel point of view, has changed mainly by Jones out - Young in (sure Gov back also but he has missed a large slab of the season). I dont want to harp but again, this speaks volumes of the previous coaching regime.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
A couple of times I thought weiters could have talked more.  One when Lewis Young was parked under it.  The other i couldn't recall but just telling players they're hot is a good idea. 
Thought the same with the Young one....but the mic doesn't really pick up the other players too well, so someone else could've been doing that.

Reply #6
I would say future captain, but we have so many choices now.