Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 4173 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
What I didn't like was how we were outmuscled and intimidated by blokes like Walker, Fogarty and had that little smartarse Schoenberg trying to push our blokes around. Our tackling was timid and lacked any authority, Voss would have been appalled, I'd be getting Stocker back in that team to help Saad as well, he would have been ideal for Keays and I can't believe Voss let that loose matchup continue through the game.
Don't be fooled by Cripps,Walsh high possession tally's either, how many of those were effective or part of any real systematic play?
A very insipid effort and I hope Voss won't tolerate that soft bruise free rubbish we served up, the Crows are rubbish and being bullied by them is disgraceful.

Reply #46
We've got too many conditional inconsistent players in starting 22

Reply #47
Losing is part of sport, and I can handle that (just).   But that was a dishonest performance and undid a lot of hard work.  This side still lacks any kind of mature,  professional mindset,  symptomatic of Carlton for the last 20 years

I like the word 'dishonest'.
It wasn't 'true' to the way we played earlier in the year...and the pronouncements by Voss of how we want to play and be percieved.

We were never as hard or committed as they were and they broke tackles easily.
In short, we didn't turn up to play and they set themselves.
Is it a perception of other teams that the 'pressure' is our Achilles heel.

The thing is I'd probably back us to win one of our last three if we set ourselves as they did.
Our opposition will no doubt start favourites...so there'll be no complacency on our part...and that's when we tend go OK.

Reply #48
Well that performance did our brand no good at all. Above the shoulders. Such poor intent, discipline and work rate... made us look soft.

With Hewett's back issue apparently unlikely to be resolved any time soon, Stocker and Chugga concussed, Durdin with a shoulder and the Magoos showing very little... the pickings may be slim. A very bad Saturday for the CFC.

Hopefully Newman's knee is just a cut but that might still be a week. Kemp was a bright light in the Magoos. Martin battled hard. JSOS, Kemp and Martin are probably 3 ins. And Dow will probably get his chance.

So now it's time to focus on the Gabba... and an attitude/intent transplant during the week.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
With Hewett's back issue apparently unlikely to be resolved any time soon, Stocker and Chugga concussed, Durdin with a shoulder and the Magoos showing very little... the pickings may be slim. A very bad Saturday for the CFC.

Yesterday our depth was unbelievable, today it's slim pickings.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
I would be resting Cripps next week to get him ready for the last 2 big games.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #51
Hardly.

Its just that everyone is out of form at the same point.

Reply #53
About this time the previous 2 years we turned our toes up when a chance to play finals. Hopefully we are not doing again. I'll give them the benefit of being a one-off this time. Remember the rotten effort against North round 19 last year then the next week we came out and really flogged St.Kilda. Hopefully a similar effort next week.

Reply #54
He wasn't Robinson Crusoe but Setterfield's kicking, when under pressure, was as abysmal as usual - he should stick to hand-balling.

Reply #55
If you compare our form line, ladder position etc. with our next three opponents, the most realistic scenario is that we will lose all three, and those losses could get pretty ugly. At this point, we have to deal with the real prospect of a 12/10 WL for the season, and hope that other factors work in our favour for us to play finals. There's little in last night's game that suggests we can win against Lions, Pies, or Demons. Much like Fremantle, the boys look like they're running out of steam.

Reply #57

There may be a few unavailables, but there's still some pretty handy blokes who can step in. It's an area we've shone this year... next man up. My main concern is attitude, intent and discipline... not too mention ensuring we do the club proud against BrisVegas.

Reply #58
About this time the previous 2 years we turned our toes up when a chance to play finals. Hopefully we are not doing again. I'll give them the benefit of being a one-off this time. Remember the rotten effort against North round 19 last year then the next week we came out and really flogged St.Kilda. Hopefully a similar effort next week.

The same thought crossed my mind... for a few years now we've not finished the year well. The Vossmeister and other coaches said at the beginning of the year they expected us to add more layers and be better in the back half of the year.  :-\

Reply #59
Steam coming out of Voss's ears at the presser.
"Outworked, lack of effort, didn't win enough contests. Asked about attitude and he said it was no different to any other week".

My thoughts -

a. bonus if we get a final after all the injuries we have. Next 2 or 3 years will be ours.
b. more confident in the coaching staff . We are still learning.
c. time to review our Fitness/Rehab system. Come to Carlton and get injured (Martin, Williams, Hewitt and co}
d. Need another quality midfielder in the draft. 
e. Cripps, Walsh and SOS are the heart of the team.

Next week we need players to at least have a crack. Not going to win so time to work on a few things.

Outs - Kennedy (inj), Durdin (inj),  Newnes (inj), Plowman, there will be more...
Ins - Hewitt, Honey, Martin, Marchy, Stocker (to tag Charley C), and anyone else who will have a crack...

Don't give up. We are on the right track  8)