Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 6068 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 21 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #135
Durdin the sub? I thought he'd injured his shoulder?

Reply #136
Durdin the sub? I thought he'd injured his shoulder?
Yep, they listed him as managed, he hurt his shoulder, and now he is the Medical sub? :o

I gather we are carrying more injuries than the MC is letting on, in fairness this is more like the Carlton of old when who ran out on the day was often a mystery until the final moments! ;)

PS; Good day for us to be playing in Qld, 21° C and low humidity at 30%, almost Melbourne weather!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #137
Remind Voss because he's the one that keeps dropping him. He obviously doesn't view him as a Pendlebury/Cripps hybrid.

He lost form it happens - doesn't mean he is not an above average young talent

Reply #138
Setterfield has natural weapons to play inside mid. His distribution by hand in close is elite he has above average peripheral vision in congested situations - he's always had that Pendelbury-like handball in close.

Omg pls. Hard to take you seriously.

As I said if he was on the trade trade would be for fortunate to get back a 4th rounder.

We are crying out for a winger and he is only now in the team due to injuries to Hewitt and kennedy.

The bloke hasn’t come on and isn’t going to get better and imo will be gone at years end.

Reply #139
The bloke hasn’t come on and isn’t going to get better and imo will be gone at years end.
Might well be true for Setterfield and others, I think fans are going to be shocked who goes and who stays, some favourites will bite the dust this trade period no doubt about that!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #140
Ah Chee OFF
Robbo ON

He'll be fired up, which is far from ideal.

Reply #141
1 goal after about 50m of play.
Hopeless is the only word that comes to mind
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #142
Sounds like we might have just got into the contest.

My edit.
Only to hand it right back to the Lions

For all those with hope for improvement upon return from injury. I have sympathy.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #143
Two things helped us in the final qtr... cocky BrisVegas took their foot off the pedal, and, we shook off the shackles and played, bold, offensive footy.

We kicked 8 gls in the final qtr, 4 gls to 3/4 time!

Too many passengers, the biggest being our 'safe' attitude for the first 3 qtrs. I hope we take a bold, offensive attitude into next week... we look our best (a la first 10 weeks of the season) when we're fiercely attacking... then dropping the tempo to defensive when the opponent has their moment.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #144
This game was lost above the shoulders.

Weitering turned it over and after that we went into our shells and couldn't find a free player anywhere.

When the game got away from us we were able to release the shackles and get back to playing footy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson