Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022b - R5 vs Melbourne - Fri 730 @ Ikon (Read 2065 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022b - R5 vs Melbourne - Fri 730 @ Ikon

Reply #15
In the end the result was about right.
We are missing 7 players from our best line-up which means we don't even have enough backups to field a competitive side.
Thought bernardi was pretty good considering the late Callup.

1/3 of your side out and losing your captain for chunks of the game to cap things off just socks.

Put it behind us, move onto next week starting now.

Reply #16
I felt they were outmuscled more because they fumbled or didn’t take clean position.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #17
I forced myself to watch, Carlton has no system other than short handle balls to team mates under more pressure. Work rate to get to get into space or get in numbers to create a chain of possession is also lacking. They gave plenty of effort when they didn't have the ball, just didn't seem to when they had the footy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
I find it hard to watch our gals. They bust a gut and give their all, but (as others have noted) when they get the aggott they seem to just give it to the nearest team mate, regardless.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
I forced myself to watch, Carlton has no system other than short handle balls to team mates under more pressure. Work rate to get to get into space or get in numbers to create a chain of possession is also lacking. They gave plenty of effort when they didn't have the ball, just didn't seem to when they had the footy.

As I commented above, IF they were composed and took clean possession then cleanly disposed of it to a teammate in the clear they MAY show a beautiful system, problem is they are constantly cleaning up a shiitefight and putting themselves under enormous pressure at the same time.
If they can find a circuit breaker and find composure and ball skills they may do what the mens team did this year, come out and play clean football and look organised and dangerous and build from there.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #20
As I commented above, IF they were composed and took clean possession then cleanly disposed of it to a teammate in the clear they MAY show a beautiful system, problem is they are constantly cleaning up a shiitefight and putting themselves under enormous pressure at the same time.
If they can find a circuit breaker and find composure and ball skills they may do what the mens team did this year, come out and play clean football and look organised and dangerous and build from there.

Spot on. You nailed the key word - composure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
Spot on. You nailed the key word - composure.

How to find it is the question though…
When you’ve got it, the world is your oyster, when you don't however…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #22
Experience is what we are lacking...that helps with composure