Skip to main content
Topic: Harry and Megan (Read 9274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Harry and Megan

Reply #180
While I do not envy them as they have a lot of public demand, living on and building immense private wealth off the back of the UK Taxpayer can't be too tough!
The trade-off for loadsa loot versus having your life controlled, totally, by others would be untenable for most of us.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #181
The trade-off for loadsa loot versus having your life controlled, totally, by others would be untenable for most of us.
There is a reason why the late Monarch referred to a life of service, and service is the price paid for privilege, in this regard HRH was peerless.

I'm not sure Harkle sees it that way, they seem to want the privilege, but to me they seem vehemently opposed to the service part.

Personally, in the role there is no escaping the service part, in the old days release from service was the gallows or guillotine!

I do realise the two abdicated, and I believe they repaid taxpayers some sum of money, a noble gesture, but a pittance compared to what they have been awarded. I'm not sure it even amounted to $0.01 on the dollar!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #182
Baggers, Reckon a lot of average folk wouldnt mind a few years in Royal shoes and living the dream. Harry marrying the Hollywood wife has wrecked the party and drawn the media heat. If he had done the expected thing and married a traditional Royal robot wife who played the game under Royal house rules they could all be still enjoying the high life and exploiting their privileged positions as per the norm instead of looking over their shoulders waiting for the next Harry missile to land.

Reply #184
Baggers, Reckon a lot of average folk wouldnt mind a few years in Royal shoes and living the dream. Harry marrying the Hollywood wife has wrecked the party and drawn the media heat. If he had done the expected thing and married a traditional Royal robot wife who played the game under Royal house rules they could all be still enjoying the high life and exploiting their privileged positions as per the norm instead of looking over their shoulders waiting for the next Harry missile to land.

Take it one step further and say BLACK hollywood wife. That is where the trouble started.

Reply #185
It's funny I rarely think of the 'black' aspect of Meghan's heritage.
American-yes
Actress- yes
Black- rarely registers
Naturally if that trait was more obvious it probably would.

I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing :-\

Reply #186
It's funny I rarely think of the 'black' aspect of Meghan's heritage.
American-yes
Actress- yes
Black- rarely registers
Naturally if that trait was more obvious it probably would.

I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing :-\
You are looking through YOUR eyes, not the eyes of a royal.

Reply #187
Take it one step further and say BLACK hollywood wife. That is where the trouble started.
Yep...point taken, if she was English and had coloured skin it would have been equally frowned upon imho.

Reply #188

I hope you're wrong. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt... doubt most (younger) Royals are racist. Personally, like Principal LODS, I've never seen Meghan as black, brown, yellow, white, red or chartreuse. In fact, like most Hollywood types, what stands out to me in terms of physical appearance are the polar white choppers in her cakehole.

Reply #189
I hope you're wrong. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt... doubt most (younger) Royals are racist. Personally, like Principal LODS, I've never seen Meghan as black, brown, yellow, white, red or chartreuse. In fact, like most Hollywood types, what stands out to me in terms of physical appearance are the polar white choppers in her cakehole.
As i've mentioned, i don't follow the royals. I didn't know who Megan Markle was before it was pointed out publicly (didn't know her hollywood career). One of the first things that was reported was that she was black (or had african/american heritage). I didn't know at the time, nor really cared, but i remember it being reported like that and it striking me as weird that it was even mentioned.

Reply #190
As i've mentioned, i don't follow the royals. I didn't know who Megan Markle was before it was pointed out publicly (didn't know her hollywood career). One of the first things that was reported was that she was black (or had african/american heritage). I didn't know at the time, nor really cared, but i remember it being reported like that and it striking me as weird that it was even mentioned.

I suspect that the storm around Meghan's ethnicity was more a media creation than anything else. We know how deeply conservative types within the media prefer the status quo is maintained, even extending to racial lineage.

Reply #191
I suspect that the storm around Meghan's ethnicity was more a media creation than anything else. We know how deeply conservative types within the media prefer the status quo is maintained, even extending to racial lineage.
This is probably true, the media have little or no morals and will play to the loudest voices, even if they are a clear minority.

The problem I have is that the Harkles seem to have picked up on this as a highly profitable tangent to all the other complaints they publicly air!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #192
This is probably true, the media have little or no morals and will play to the loudest voices, even if they are a clear minority.

The problem I have is that the Harkles seem to have picked up on this as a highly profitable tangent to all the other complaints they publicly air!
People keep banging on about this being about money, I don't get that from what they have said to date. As for them  picking up on the racisms stuff, again I don't get that from what I have heard or read. Harry's main beef is about being sold out by family.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #193
People keep banging on about this being about money, I don't get that from what they have said to date. As for them  picking up on the racisms stuff, again I don't get that from what I have heard or read. Harry's main beef is about being sold out by family.

Yes, Harry and Meghan don't need the money, but Harry needs to exorcise some demons.

Sadly, many of the Brits don't get it, but the "Royal family" is just another Pommy family with more than its share of flaws and skeletons in cupboards.  The difference is that it has the Palace to screen it from close scrutiny and make problems go away.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #194
So you expect them to come out and publicly state that some of it is about the cash! :o

As an aside I have a few UK associates who exist in the sort of circles that allows them some insight into the situation, they are even more cynical than myself, I've actually found myself trying to temper their perspective!
The Force Awakens!