Skip to main content
Topic: Harry and Megan (Read 8878 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Harry and Megan

Reply #15
I haven’t watched the series and probably never will as I have minimal interest in that family.  I did watch some of the old Queen’s funeral and was dismayed to see the male members of the family in their ribbon bedecked military uniforms … except for Harry!

The only one of the current lot to have actually served in a war zone and he wasn’t allowed to wear his uniform and the decorations that he earned.

It’s an anachronistic institution and it’s good that Harry and Meghan have shone a light on Pandora’s box of worms!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
@LP I don't know if you have watched it, its probably stuff you already know but the influence of the media (influenced by the "institution") on the whole Megxit (or rather Harrexit as he made the call) thing I found fascinating.
It's always the screaming idiots that make the most noise in the media, Bolt, Jones, Panahi and Credlin are prime examples, and yes they have learnt that shouting like a lunatic and bullying people is profitable, and profit is really all they care about, they have sold whatever meek soul and minimal morality they had for the dollar!

The irony is not lost on me that when something goes horribly wrong, like somebody is hounded to death, the same people will blame the socials like somebody else was leading the band. In the long term, as abhorrent as it seems, "Stringing Em High" might be the only solution out of this mess, in much the same way a hanging a few out of Wall St windows tempered the GFC!

Ultimately, our very own Murdoch is to blame, Australian's should be seriously ashamed of our gift to the globe!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
I haven’t watched the series and probably never will as I have minimal interest in that family.  I did watch some of the old Queen’s funeral and was dismayed to see the male members of the family in their ribbon bedecked military uniforms … except for Harry!

The only one of the current lot to have actually served in a war zone and he wasn’t allowed to wear his uniform and the decorations that he earned.

It’s an anachronistic institution and it’s good that Harry and Meghan have shone a light on Pandora’s box of worms!

I didn't want to make a comment until I'd heard the other side of the story... not the tabloid click-bait stuff. My intention was to not only attempt to understand the other side of the story but to also view it from a human or even psychological/mental health aspect. Got more than I bargained for!

It's worth a watch, David. A real eye-opener as to the machinations of the Palace and tabloids and their very suspect relationship. You raise a terrific point re Harry being the only one who'd actually served in a war zone, which, from experience, instantly broadens your view of life and deepens your respect for life.

Meghan's mum is a bloody ripper.

Harry and Meghan's philanthropic work is really impressive, along with committing their lives to their causes. They're not the make a donation and forget about it types, these cats get in, roll their sleeves up and get right amongst it with the folks at the coal face. Gotta respect that.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
Nothing more than a glorified reality TV show.

I can't stand reality TV shows, and this is far from a good one.
I don't watch any 'reality' shows. They are very contrived and just not very interesting.
I won't be watching: not my cup of tea at all.

I'm actually 4th or 5th cousins to Princess Di, for what it is worth (nothing). But that still doesn't mean I want to see minutiae of royal lives from those who don't contribute.
On the other hand, I am scouring the 'net to find out who we're trialling for the VFL!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Do a google search for that sh1t stain excuse of a human Jeremy Clarkson and his comments about Meghan Markle. All the charm, brains and soul of an infected anal gland.

Reply #20
Do a google search for that sh1t stain excuse of a human Jeremy Clarkson and his comments about Meghan Markle. All the charm, brains and soul of an infected anal gland.

I just read the articles and YouTube coverage... we learned much about Clarkson and nothing about Meghan Markle. Very sad, but dangerous comments reflective of serious ignorance and deep misogynism that will only empower other deranged people and their vile perspectives.

Reply #21

I think that’s being disrespectful of anal glands Paul.

Clarkson is the epitome of entitlement and self-obsession and is always pushing the boundaries of civil society in his quest for gratification and financial advantage.

It’s bad luck duelling fell out of favour; watching Harry demolish him would be quite entertaining … if you’re into blood sports.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
I know nothing about any of these people except Harry bears an uncanny resemblance to a non royal which could mean all of is exactly the outcome the royals wanted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the epitome of entitlement and self-obsession and is always pushing the boundaries of civil society in his quest for gratification and financial advantage.
Of the people involved in this saga, from either side of the fence, you can just fill in just about any name you like at point Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and have a valid description.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
I know nothing about any of these people except Harry bears an uncanny resemblance to a non royal which could mean all of is exactly the outcome the royals wanted.
I wonder how long before somebody creepily pinches a bit of DNA from the likely candidates, and gets it done over in analysis by one of these Ancestry type sites under a set of pseudonyms to settle the debate.

I'm pegging somebody like Murdoch!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Nah.
He's got the 'top of the head' Windsor pattern baldness ;D

Reply #26
I think that’s being disrespectful of anal glands Paul.

Clarkson is the epitome of entitlement and self-obsession and is always pushing the boundaries of civil society in his quest for gratification and financial advantage.

It’s bad luck duelling fell out of favour; watching Harry demolish him would be quite entertaining … if you’re into blood sports.

:))  :))  :))  I was going to say exactly that, David, in response to Pauly's post... 'bit harsh on anal glands, they serve a useful purpose!'

I recall an interview with James May about a year ago, then Richard Hammond. It was clear that neither of them really had much time for Clarkson, a business relationship only. They both visit each other regularly but seldom visited Clarkson. May explained that, politically, he was the leftie social activist, Hammond the moderate and Clarkson the far right conservative.

I wonder how Amazon will react to Clarkson's bilious diatribe? Breach of contract?

Reply #27

Sadly for the conspiracy theorists, Harry was two years old when Diana first met James Hewitt.  Red hair is a Spencer trait and there is an uncanny resemblance between Harry and his grandfather, Phillip of Greece and Denmark.

Reply #28
Sadly for the conspiracy theorists, Harry was two years old when Diana first met James Hewitt.  Red hair is a Spencer trait and there is an uncanny resemblance between Harry and his grandfather, Phillip of Greece and Denmark.

...especially a bearded Phillip

Reply #29
Nah.
He's got the 'top of the head' Windsor pattern baldness ;D
IIRC James Hewitt had/has the same pattern.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time