Skip to main content
Topic: SPAM (Read 5640 times) previous topic - next topic

SPAM

A new "member", kniggit, is spamming us and the mods don't have the authority/ability to delete the account.

A delete request has been sent up the line but, until kniggit is no more, don't open its posts and definitely don't click on any links.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: SPAM

Reply #1
Seems like the mods need more power... I cant believe i just wrote that !
HAHA !!

To Kniggits credit, it seems he/it has been lurking for a long time.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #2
HAHA !!

Perhaps kniggit’s account has been hacked 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
HAHA !!

Maybe so, but we don't need any crap going through here. It is hard enough to keep it out of email and social media sites.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Yep, not every malicious post comes directly from the malicious actor, kniggit's probably got a device now that has become a hapless bot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5

Dunno why, but when i opened the post and saw the poster (kniggit) I just thought that he had form for this stuff... maybe I'm wrong but maybe admin in years gone by didn't actually delete the account ?

EDIT
I just checked hes got 3 surviving posts but sounds like an Essendon supporter :D
Probably been hacked now...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #6
A new "member", kniggit, is spamming us and the mods don't have the authority/ability to delete the account.

A delete request has been sent up the line but, until kniggit is no more, don't open its posts and definitely don't click on any links.
 Clearly a fan of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.....

'Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries' (in a very poor French accent)
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #7
I thought this was worth saving:

You don't frighten us, English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, so-called Arthur-king, you and your silly English K...kaniggets

At least kniggit posts his spam in the correct area  ::)

Reply #9
Looks like we got hit by a bit of a hack earlier on. :(

Reply #10
Yes, I saw that.  Looks like someone from Brazil.  My recommendation, is to pretend that the hackers got access to the username and password information for all parties, and if you use your CSC user and password combo anywhere else, start going through a process of changing that password.

If you use that password in a pattern that might be worth changing elsewhere too.  Painful, but the alternative is more painful.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Yes, I saw that.  Looks like someone from Brazil.  My recommendation, is to pretend that the hackers got access to the username and password information for all parties, and if you use your CSC user and password combo anywhere else, start going through a process of changing that password.

If you use that password in a pattern that might be worth changing elsewhere too.  Painful, but the alternative is more painful.

This was not a DB hack. This was script kiddies uploading a PHP file somehow to the the root directory. This has happened because no one is maintaining the site. I have uploaded the most recent patches to the site and applied the correct permissions to the folders\files after the updates.

Unless someone does take over looking after the site, this will happen again in the future. We have backups as a fallback, but I don't have the time.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #12
This was not a DB hack. This was script kiddies uploading a PHP file somehow to the the root directory. This has happened because no one is maintaining the site. I have uploaded the most recent patches to the site and applied the correct permissions to the folders\files after the updates.

Unless someone does take over looking after the site, this will happen again in the future. We have backups as a fallback, but I don't have the time.

Spanner I mean no disrespect when I stated what I did.

I am cautious by nature when it comes to any hack, and that is to go straight into protection mode.  

I also don't blame you for this occurring, and thanks for any help you do provide because like you state someone isnt maintaining the site, and you don't have time.

Its just sign of the times we live in, where these things happen.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
As an aside I tried to contact Lods and kruddler via mobi but possibly they’ve changed numbers since the old days ?
Let’s go BIG !