Skip to main content
Topic: Merry Christmas 2022! (Read 1162 times) previous topic - next topic

Merry Christmas 2022!

I hope everyone out there has a special Christmas and a New Year to cherish.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Merry Christmas 2022!

Reply #2
Wishing all members of the CSC and their families and loved ones and friends a safe and splendiferous Festive Season and 2023.

Love to hear how members are spending this holiday season. Mrs Baggers is holidaying with her brother and his family (from the UK) and her sister and her family from NZ, in NZ... south island. Muggins here is continuing to renovate and look after our 12 month old Doberman (she's a dag!)... and loving it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
Listening to Glam Rock and sipping Bourbon. ;D

Christmas Dinner at my daughter's place tomorrow...where as the day wears on I'll 'sing' Glam Rock and sip some more Bourbon.

It should be a nice day. Plenty of food and drink and two young grandsons who are just discovering the true meaning of Christmas...Santa and presents.

The religious side of Christmas seems to be diminishing with each year. :(
Maybe it's time to change the date ;)

Reply #4

The date was chosen because it's also considered the birthdate of Krishna and Mithra (and probably several other deities) as well as the day on which the Romans celebrated Saturnalia and Northern European pagans celebrated the solstice and trees, hence Christmas trees.  By rights, we in the southern hemisphere should probably celebrate Christmas around the winter solstice  :)

Whatever you may or may not believe, and acknowledging that we're a bit early for Orthodox folk, have a great Christmas Bluebaggers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Always takes me back to carefree childhood days and memories of dear ones no longer with us. Family lunch at my daughter's tomorrow,  yum!, she's a great cook. 😁 merry Christmas bluebaggers. 🎅
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Listening to Glam Rock and sipping Bourbon. ;D

Christmas Dinner at my daughter's place tomorrow...where as the day wears on I'll 'sing' Glam Rock and sip some more Bourbon.

It should be a nice day. Plenty of food and drink and two young grandsons who are just discovering the true meaning of Christmas...Santa and presents.

The religious side of Christmas seems to be diminishing with each year. :(
Always makes me think of  Glitter and Rock And Roll, sort of hijacked recently by the Joker movie, but still a classic and perfect for an Aussie Summer Christmas. You just can't play these songs snowed under in a UK Christmas. You need an Esky, plenty of sun, a barbecue, some beer and UDLs!

All the best to everyone for Christmas!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
My Xmas day:
24 people, my kids, my brother, my sister, nieces, nephews, grand niece and nephew, a couple of mums and my trusty GSP.
5kg Porchetta in the Weber.
Scotch Fillet, Italian Sausages and Pork Belly Strips on the BBQ
Copious amounts of Wine, Beer and Bubbles (Been drinking that Estrella beer from Barcelona, not bad, doesn't bloat).
Kids and Dog in the pool after lunch
Said dog eats a kids sock so off to an emergency vet, $429 later...
Great day overall with my dear family, load up and do it all again New Years with my closest friends.
Cheers to all the CSC Crew.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
My Xmas day:
24 people, my kids, my brother, my sister, nieces, nephews, grand niece and nephew, a couple of mums and my trusty GSP.
5kg Porchetta in the Weber.
Scotch Fillet, Italian Sausages and Pork Belly Strips on the BBQ
Copious amounts of Wine, Beer and Bubbles (Been drinking that Estrella beer from Barcelona, not bad, doesn't bloat).
Kids and Dog in the pool after lunch
Said dog eats a kids sock so off to an emergency vet, $429 later...
Great day overall with my dear family, load up and do it all again New Years with my closest friends.
Cheers to all the CSC Crew.

Wow, look at that feast! I know where I'm going for Christmas next year ;D Think I'll leave the dog in the car though (windows down, of course!).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a day well spent.