Skip to main content

Poll

How active are you on these forums? How often do you post?

Extremely active - I'm a regular who read the site most days and post about as much
Very active - I read and post, maybe once a week
Somewhat active - I read daily, but almost never post
Not-so-active - i read weekly, but almost never post
Barely active - I come on less than weekly, but almost never post
Basically inactive - I can go for months without coming on - or posting.
Other - please post your reason if you feel you are not represented above.
Topic: Hello? Can you read this?? PLEASE VOTE IN OUR SITE POLL. (Read 3926 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hello? Can you read this?? PLEASE VOTE IN OUR SITE POLL.

Reply #15
It was April last year when I called for "expressions of interest" in taking on the role vacated by Spanner 12 months or so previously.  I think that it is pretty clear that no-one among our members has the expertise and/or the capacity to make required commitment.

Rather than steering Kruddler's poll off course, it may be worth running a poll on how to replace Spanner  :-\

Fair enough, although I'm not sure something like that is poll-worthy.

Reply #16
Some people might limit their activity due to a dislike of certain moderators or other posters that respond to their opinions. Maybe and nothing more. Maybe highly likely though. IMO.
Disagreements happen.
Best not to hold grudges. Life's too short.

Reply #17
If someone is honest enough in their dealings and participate in enough discussions, it's a certainty that sometime somewhere they will find a disagreement, whether it's with the ones you love or a complete stranger!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Disagreements happen.
Best not to hold grudges. Life's too short.

If someone is honest enough in their dealings and participate in enough discussions, it's a certainty that sometime somewhere they will find a disagreement, whether it's with the ones you love or a complete stranger!

Wise words that are easily forgotten.

Reply #19
Id like to know whats involved in maintaining the site.  There's a chance I could pull it off, but I've got a bit to learn.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #20
Id like to know whats involved in maintaining the site.  There's a chance I could pull it off, but I've got a bit to learn.

Send @Spanner a message and see what he says.

Reply #21

It would be great if you could Thry, but definitely talk to Spanner to see what's involved.

It would be nice to think that one of our own could step up to the plate, but don't do it if it would be too onerous.  On the other hand, if it's something that could further your career prospects ...

Bear in mind that my IT knowledge is based almost inclusively from what I picked up from the IT Crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMCjcVzPcM 

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
It would be great if you could Thry, but definitely talk to Spanner to see what's involved.

It would be nice to think that one of our own could step up to the plate, but don't do it if it would be too onerous.  On the other hand, if it's something that could further your career prospects ...

Bear in mind that my IT knowledge is based almost inclusively from what I picked up from the IT Crowd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMCjcVzPcM 

Have we tried turning it off and on ;)

Suss it out Thry, it would be great if you could manage it.

Reply #23

Legend
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24

Champ.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
I'm curious and surprised about the fact that the leading figure in the poll is "read daily but almost never post"
I'm wondering why that is the case.
Sometimes jumping into what appears to be a 'clique' group can be enough for folks to hold back.
I felt a bit that way myself at the beginning, but after a few posts it quickly becomes comfortable.

For some it might have been a bad or dismissive interaction with another poster.
It would be handy to know some of the reasons.

At different stages we've had these personal threads were folks could divulge as much of their personal information as they wished...real first name, State, Age, profession, favourite player, food, music genre, bank accounts and passwords....that sort of stuff, (seriously, nothing too identifiable) which was a bit of an ice breaker when folks found common interests.

Reply #26
I don’t post much because often by the time I get online and read a thread my view has already been expressed multiple times by others, and often more eloquently than I.
So rather than adding “me too” I’ll add a like and read on.

It’s a pet hate of mine where people don’t read threads (fb anyone…?) and just blurt out whatever’s on their mind, hours, days, weeks after the thread has moved on.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #27
I don’t post much because often by the time I get online and read a thread my view has already been expressed multiple times by others, and often more eloquently than I.
So rather than adding “me too” I’ll add a like and read on.

It’s a pet hate of mine where people don’t read threads (fb anyone…?) and just blurt out whatever’s on their mind, hours, days, weeks after the thread has moved on.

I follow the same procedure.

Reply #28
Bumping this back up. Please vote if you haven't already.

Reply #29
Just bumping this up again.

Please vote if you haven't yet.