Skip to main content
Topic: The Voice (Read 9811 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Voice

Reply #16
How funny is this. :))

Pauline and Lidia at the same desk in school ;D

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/furious-on-sitting-next-to-lidia-thorpe-in-parliament-pauline-hanson/ar-AA17hT1I?cvid=f6c2af09a7134faca68dd610153c5d24

Oh dear. Well this will get interesting.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
How funny is this. :))

Pauline and Lidia at the same desk in school ;D

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/furious-on-sitting-next-to-lidia-thorpe-in-parliament-pauline-hanson/ar-AA17hT1I?cvid=f6c2af09a7134faca68dd610153c5d24

The teacher would be faced with lots of fierce hand raising and not one correct answer.

If it was up to me, I'd lock them in a room together  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
The teacher would be faced with lots of fierce hand raising and not one correct answer.

If it was up to me, I'd lock them in a room together  :)

Give them a week together and they'd sort out all the issues. :D

Reply #19
Thorpe has the problem faced by previous politicians who have had a predominately one item agenda: when surrounded by a group of like-minded people they misread the room.

Her never ending call for a treaty before the Voice is playing right into the hands of conservative federal politicians - especially the Nationals.

Her enthusiasm for a treaty knows no bounds but she refuses to provide any details as to what it would look like.  All she is doing is confusing people who have little interest in either a treaty or the Voice and could vote No  in the referendum because of competing opinions on its merits.

If the Voice is defeated then Lidia's call for a treaty will be just a pipe dream.

When people like Thorpe, Hanson, Palmer, Meedick just to name a few are labelled "politicians", it's a sad indictment on Australian Politics.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
When people like Thorpe, Hanson, Palmer, Meedick just to name a few are labelled "politicians", it's a sad indictment on Australian Politics.

I guess one should distinguish between career politicians and opportunistic or single-issue “politicians”.  You’d have call Hanson a career politician though, and that is an indictment.

I think you could lock Meddick and Palmer in the room with Thorpe and Hanson 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Interesting article in today's Age about Thorpe, the Greens, sovereignty and the Voice.  Sadly, the online version only has about half the content of the print version:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/thorpe-s-exit-from-the-greens-the-biggest-bait-and-switch-in-politics-20230206-p5ci9d.html

Reply #22
Is The Voice the same as Anti-Trans, can somebody Please Explain?

Watch the feet for a better perspective on what is going on in that Lydia Thorpe moment.

These semi-stage events, where a protestor does something they know will force the police to react only to throw themselves around to make things look more dramatic, are just click bait.

PS: Was Thorpe actually asserting that protesting on the grounds of Parliament House is not permitted?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Is The Voice the same as Anti-Trans, can somebody Please Explain?

Watch the feet for a better perspective on what is going on in that Lydia Thorpe moment.

These semi-stage events, where a protestor does something they know will force the police to react only to throw themselves around to make things look more dramatic, are just click bait.

PS: Was Thorpe actually asserting that protesting on the grounds of Parliament House is not permitted?

Just finished watching the footage, Spotted One. I have absolutely no doubt that the headlines in both major papers are at best, exaggerations -- re police intervention/violence -- and at worst pure sensational bullshizen. The Thorpe performance was a childlike tantrum that will only harm her image and message. For Thorpe to claim she was 'pulverized' by the police is pure histrionics, based on the footage available. Pity, because protesting against the guest 'speaker' was justified.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #26
Club statement on the voice.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1353791/club-statement-voice-to-parliament

Prefer the club kept any comments on the plethora of current social matters to themself  - personally I’m not interested in my clubs views on anything that is not football related.
I don’t pay my membership to hear the clubs opinion on political matters.

STFU and put every ounce of time into making our club better instead of being a laughing stock year in year out.

We are currently sitting in the bottom 6 FFS and making these sorts of statements makes you wonder where our focus is.

Reply #27
Prefer the club kept any comments on the plethora of current social matters to themself  - personally I’m not interested in my clubs views on anything that is not football related.
I don’t pay my membership to hear the clubs opinion on political matters.

STFU and put every ounce of time into making our club better instead of being a laughing stock year in year out.

We are currently sitting in the bottom 6 FFS and making these sorts of statements makes you wonder where our focus is.
Shawny I though the same thing but thought it might be seen as insensitive to comment. If only our footy dept was as good as the dept in charge of social issues, we would win more games than we lose.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
I doubt issuing that statement had much to do with the football department, and I doubt it would create any kind of distraction for the players, or divert any energy away from winning games of footy. Seems like a pretty mild and open ended piece from the marketing department.

Reply #29
I doubt issuing that statement had much to do with the football department, and I doubt it would create any kind of distraction for the players, or divert any energy away from winning games of footy. Seems like a pretty mild and open ended piece from the marketing department.

I thought it was too.
States a club postition, but doesn't dictate how folks should vote.

The Club also respects every Australian’s right to make their own informed decision in relation to the upcoming referendum and ultimately cast their own vote in accordance with their personal views.