2 - Paddy Dow
[ 1 ] (0.1%)
3 - Jesse Motlop
[ 27 ] (3.7%)
4 - Lochie O'Brien
[ 19 ] (2.6%)
5 - Adam Cerra
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
**6 - Zac Williams** Ineligible (out for season)
[ 0 ] (0%)
7 - Matt Kennedy
[ 32 ] (4.4%)
8 - Lachie Fogarty
[ 0 ] (0%)
9 - Patrick Cripps
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
10 - Harry McKay
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
11 - Mitch McGovern
[ 32 ] (4.4%)
12 - Tom De Koning
[ 30 ] (4.1%)
13 - Blake Acres
[ 32 ] (4.4%)
14 - Oliver Hollands
[ 2 ] (0.3%)
15 - Sam Docherty
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
16 - Jack Carroll
[ 1 ] (0.1%)
17 - Brodie Kemp
[ 4 ] (0.6%)
18 - Sam Walsh
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
19 - Corey Durdin
[ 20 ] (2.8%)
20 - Lachie Plowman
[ 3 ] (0.4%)
21 - Jack Martin
[ 27 ] (3.7%)
22 - Caleb Marchbank
[ 18 ] (2.5%)
23 - Jacob Weitering
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
24 - Nick Newman
[ 18 ] (2.5%)
25 - Zac Fisher
[ 30 ] (4.1%)
26 - Lachlan Cowan
[ 0 ] (0%)
27 - Marc Pittonet
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
28 - David Cuningham
[ 5 ] (0.7%)
29 - George Hewitt
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
30 - Charlie Curnow
[ 33 ] (4.6%)
31 - Harry Lemmey
[ 0 ] (0%)
32 - Jaxon Binns
[ 0 ] (0%)
33 - Lewis Young
[ 32 ] (4.4%)
34 - Sam Philp
[ 0 ] (0%)
35 - Ed Curnow
[ 2 ] (0.3%)
36 - Josh Honey
[ 1 ] (0.1%)
37 - Jordan Boyd
[ 3 ] (0.4%)
38 - Sam Durdin
[ 0 ] (0%)
41 - Dom Akuei
[ 0 ] (0%)
42 - Adam Saad
[ 32 ] (4.4%)
44 - Matthew Owies
[ 12 ] (1.7%)
45 - Alex Mirkov
[ 0 ] (0%)
46 - Matthew Cottrell
[ 11 ] (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Topic: Pick your best 22. (Read 2228 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pick your best 22.

Reply #15
OK, so based on 31 voters thus far, here is our 'best 22'.

FB - Docherty (31) - Weitering (31) - Marchbank (18)
HB - Martin (27) - Young (30) - Saad (30)
C - Walsh (31) - Cripps (31) - Acres (30)
HF - Kennedy (30) - C.Curnow (31) - Fisher (28)
FF - Silvagni (30) - McKay (31) - Motlop (25)
R - Pittonet (31) - Cerra (31) - Hewitt (31)
INT - McGovern (30) - DeKoning (28) - O'Brien (19) - C. Durdin (19)

EMG - Newman (17) - Owies (10) - Cottrell (10)

Next in line.....
Cuningham (5) - Kemp (3) - Plowman (3) 
E. Curnow (2) - Boyd (2) - Dow (1)
Hollands (1) - Carroll (1) - Honey (1)

Reply #16
I know that 22 is based on the votes but if we were picking a team for Round 1, with everyone fit, I'm not sure Martin plays on a HBF. I'd have him in my best 22 but probably O'Brien out for Newman to play back. But looks like the concensus for best 22 was pretty much across the board?

Reply #17
You'd like that side to line up every week....but yep, it does point out a pretty glaring weakness
We lack a small/medium defending defender....although he may be found in that "next in line" group

Reply #18
Just read that Cincotta has been picked up in the SPP today.

Reply #19
I had Cottrell and Kemp in my 22 at the expense of Marchbank and O'Brien.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20
Picking a team on the popular vote has some drawbacks but Kruddler's team is at least one defender shy, two if Doc plays in the midfield.  Given the changes to the sub rule, I'd bring Newman into the 22 and make C Durdin the sub.

FB - Docherty (31) - Weitering (31) - Marchbank (18)
HB - McGovern (30) - Young (30) - Saad (30)
C -  O'Brien (19) - Cripps (31) - Acres (30)
HF - Martin (27) - C.Curnow (31) - Walsh (31)
FF - Silvagni (30) - McKay (31) - Motlop (25)
R - Pittonet (31) - Cerra (31) - Hewitt (31)
INT - Kennedy (30) - DeKoning (28) - Fisher (28) - Newman (17) - Sub C. Durdin (19)

EMG - Owies (10) - Cottrell (10) - Cuningham (5)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
I think the rule changes will see rucks or KPP Utility types being used as the Sub, with clubs far more likely to go with a single ruck and perhaps an extra tall mid.

For me the Handbaggers are now at a huge advantage, a fit Blicsav is like having two players, no wonder they are so happy.

All Subs are not created equal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Last year at this time, when picking our best 22, I daresay the high percentage of us would not have had Lewis Young in the team, he would have been a 'wait and see' support act.  As we all know, he ended up being one of the first magnets on the board!!

So pick you best 22 in positions, then predict your '2023 Lewis Young.'

Reply #23
I'm pegging if he endures the physical step-up to AFL then Hollands will be in, he might even get a gig Rnd.1 subject to the eventual return of Walsh and never go out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Last year at this time, when picking our best 22, I daresay the high percentage of us would not have had Lewis Young in the team, he would have been a 'wait and see' support act.  As we all know, he ended up being one of the first magnets on the board!!

So pick you best 22 in positions, then predict your '2023 Lewis Young.'

I think Acres is in danger of being a anti-young'. Supporters expect the world of him and might be disappointed.

I was one who thought Ed Curnow should've been delisted as i think he is surplus to our needs, but if we get the odd injury he could cement his spot into the lineup. Come to think of it, he could be in the side playing off half back in a lockdown role. He has the tank and the defensive mindset....

Other than that, Owies i think people are underrating. He was the first picked of my small forwards due to his hard running and consistency. Doesn't always go rewarded, and mostly unnoticed, but would be tough to keep him out.

I also think Cuningham will surprise a few. Barely played in...forever...but his 2nd last game he was BOG and dominated. Hopefully he can stay fit.

For a real smokey....Cincotta. 26yo, should be right to go and may surprise.

Reply #25
Kruddler, said the same thing re Cincotta on another thread...reckon he might be a bolter for Round 1. Tigers' midfield will be a lot stronger with Taranto and Hopper...and without Walsh, we may well need Doc in there at times. Having Hewett back will be a huge boost.

Reply #26
I was one who thought Ed Curnow should've been delisted as i think he is surplus to our needs, but if we get the odd injury he could cement his spot into the lineup. Come to think of it, he could be in the side playing off half back in a lockdown role. He has the tank and the defensive mindset....

I was thinking the same the other day. He often had the role negating quality midfielders and won plenty of ball himself. He has the aerobic ability to stick to the task for long periods....the question will be how he comes back after such a long layoff at this late stage of his career.
The thing about Ed is that he won't leave you wondering.
He'll give any task 110% of his ability at the time (which may have caught up with him).

Reply #27
I was thinking the same the other day. He often had the role negating quality midfielders and won plenty of ball himself. He has the aerobic ability to stick to the task for long periods....the question will be how he comes back after such a long layoff at this late stage of his career.
The thing about Ed is that he won't leave you wondering.
He'll give any task 110% of his ability at the time (which may have caught up with him).

Could certainly be useful off the bench, especially with Walsh missing early on and Williams gone for the season.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Agree that Ed is essentially a great problem to have, whatever task you give him you know he’ll give 100%.
And calves permitting he has a seasoned body and running ability that can fill in pretty much anywhere on the park.
If everyone’s fit and firing he probably won’t get a game, but a great guy to have in the wings and the VFL team.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #29
Agree that Ed is essentially a great problem to have, whatever task you give him you know he’ll give 100%.
And calves permitting he has a seasoned body and running ability that can fill in pretty much anywhere on the park.
If everyone’s fit and firing he probably won’t get a game, but a great guy to have in the wings and the VFL team.
And as a mid, he is more than handy in front of goal.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time