Skip to main content
Topic: It wouldn't surprise me if.... (Read 1468 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: It wouldn't surprise me if....

Reply #30
And that is exactly what Vossy has done; moved on those who don't meet his standards but he has shown faith in those who work hard but may have had some bad luck in the past; Charlie Curnow being a prime example.  Many folk here were convinced that Charlie wouldn't play again or, at best, would be a shadow of his former self.  Showing faith in Docherty, Charlie, Marchy, Cuners, Gov, Ed, Martin, et al goes a long way towards getting the playing group on side and, if they come good, they're automatically in the best 22.

I'm disappointed that we couldn't find a place for Lieu, but I'd be kidding myself if I thought that he could fit into our defence as seamlessly as Marchy did at the end of last season.
I'm one who thought Charlie was goneski given the nature of his injury. I thought the first big knock or heavy fall and that knee cap will crumble. Credit to Jack Russell and Charlie for getting it right and getting back. Charlie was a game changer from day 1, you knew he was something special. Players like Charlie come along once in a very long time.
Marchy, Cunners, Williams, Martin are all nice fellas and good players, but they aren't game changes IMO. They get different chances to a C Curnow or a P Cripps or a S Walsh..
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
Wouldn't surprise me if Cunners, Marchy and Gov are not on the list next year on last year of their contracts and they have had a poor start to the year already.

I think its 15-18 games this year or need to give someone else a go.

Reply #32
Wouldn't surprise me if Cunners, Marchy and Gov are not on the list next year on last year of their contracts and they have had a poor start to the year already.

I think its 15-18 games this year or need to give someone else a go.

Cunners and Marchy have to be gone, Gov id persist one more year (At least) with, his move to defence was very good for us. His intercept marking, speed and disposal make him a real asset. Lets wait and see what his injury is this time before we write Gov off.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time