Skip to main content
Topic: Super Bowl 57 (Read 3071 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Super Bowl 57

Reply #15

Maybe not but the exposure is worth a mint. I understand Rihanna broke the Spotify since her appearance.

Reply #16
Maybe not but the exposure is worth a mint. I understand Rihanna broke the Spotify since her appearance.
I heard someone talking about Rihanna and her finances. Apparantly the music side of her 'brand' is so insignificant that its not worth mentioning in terms of where she makes her money.
I think fragrances is a gold mine for her.

So sure, exposure is good....but a lot of these people are so far beyond needing exposure. Probably just do it for the experience as much as anything.

Reply #17
It's all interconnected though isn't it. Folks buy the product because she's famous. Exposure leads to more interest, leads to more sales.

Reply #18
I think Robbie Williams’ half-time show in the GF was far better. He’s an exhibitionist showman who knows how to work a crowd and he concentrated on performing his songs. Rhianna had a cast of thousands surrounding her and she was also sharing the spotlight with several floating stages. That was more distracting than entertaining and locked her into a continuous and somewhat monotonous musical performance to allow her cast of thousands to move around continually. It was almost as if a DJ was trying to fade songs into each other to keep everyone moving on the dance floor. I guess it didn’t help that she was pregnant and would therefore have preferred to leave it to others to provide the kinetic elements of her show.

It’s the danger of trying to make each Super Bowl half-time show more spectacular than the last one.