Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 5815 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #91
So I fully expect the Richmond animals to come pretty hard early for the two young blokes, Hardwick will make sure of it. Equally, I hope Voss has already pulled our senior boys aside and asked them what they are going to do when (not if) the Richmond boys come for Moo and Dutchy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #92
So I fully expect the Richmond animals to come pretty hard early for the two young blokes, Hardwick will make sure of it. Equally, I hope Voss has already pulled our senior boys aside and asked them what they are going to do when (not if) the Richmond boys come for Moo and Dutchy.
From what I have seen of Cowan, he looks like he can handle himself pretty well.  
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #93
Id expect them to be eased into the game when that stuff has run it course and both teams are looking at playing footy rather
than trying to gain any physical advantage in the early part of the game.
Im thinking Nankervis will try his usual " it was an accident" type stuff and Lynch will probably try and line up a few targets but hopefully the umpires are on the job and we get the frees we deserve.

Reply #94
Good preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HohAiaUAqFw

I struggle with his mispronunciation, particularly the transposition of Ms and Ns  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #95

Reckon they would come at Moo at their peril.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #96
I struggle with his mispronunciation, particularly the transposition of Ms and Ns  ::)

Personally, I think PommyInOz is a ripper. His passion and footy smarts are always a good watch. I find his occasional mispronunciations just a part of the unique package that he is.  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #98
McGovern and Martin both playing

Reply #99
A win tomorrow night will have a significant effect on our mindset going into Round 2. Win tomorrow night and we take on Geelong with far less pressure on us!

Reply #100
The Western Bullies have been hailed as quite revolutionary by contemplating the 'Four Dinosaurs' up forward yet we are apprehensive about looking at 3.  I think we can give it a go, especially this week and really stretch the short Tiger defence.

Reply #101
Soldo won’t play given a back issue, so they’ll only have Nankervis in the ruck. Do we play both Pittonet and TdK? I take it the Tigers will use Balta as their 2nd ruck, especially if JSOS is our 2nd ruck. But at 194/102, how would Balta go against the 203 cm TdK? Balta might be athletic but TdK has him covered for leaping ability.

Reply #102
Assuming the forecast is fine, I'd play both Pittonet and TDK....they don't both have to be on the ground at the same time.....if it drags Balta away from a key defensive position then even better.

Reply #103
Doesn't TDK in the side mean that we have 2 tall forwards and a bona fide ruckman on the ground all the time??