Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 5668 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 2 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #90
Reckon Walsh is half a chance too. Even if he is on crutches, you'd pick him over Dow wouldn't you.

Why are people so unkind?

:)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #91
Id be playing Dow and showing some faith in him....put him on a like for like player in Holmes and give him the job of running with him and show he can handle responsibility and be a reliable senior player.

I like this - back the guy in for at least 2 games, he has good pace from stoppages and he has shown that he’s prepared to keep working hard despite our coach not rating him highly. He has good character, keeps turning up in the twos and is resilient and for those reasons alone I’d give him a run.

Reply #92
Love to see Dow get a run this week - I will be mostly curious whether he has learnt to chase and tackle after six years.

Reply #93
Love to see Dow get a run this week - I will be mostly curious whether he has learnt to chase and tackle after six years.
You know what, I just want him to get a chance and do the role he gets asked to do. If it includes chase and tackle, great. If its to hit the scoreboard, great. If its to run with and negate a player, great. Whatever, use him to his strengths, don't try and make him something he is not. He cannot possibly be a bigger liability that Martin, Owies or Fisher right now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
You know what, I just want him to get a chance and do the role he gets asked to do. If it includes chase and tackle, great. If its to hit the scoreboard, great. If its to run with and negate a player, great. Whatever, use him to his strengths, don't try and make him something he is not. He cannot possibly be a bigger liability that Martin, Owies or Fisher right now.
I think Paddy D needs an extended stay in the 1s - he is fit, he can run, and he just needs the confidence of being selected.  Reminds me a bit of Darcy Parish who went from dud to stud in the space of 12 months.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #95
I think Paddy D needs an extended stay in the 1s - he is fit, he can run, and he just needs the confidence of being selected.  Reminds me a bit of Darcy Parish who went from dud to stud in the space of 12 months.
Totally agree - give the kid a good go!

Reply #96
Totally agree - give the kid a good go!

We all said the same thing last year. He came into the 1's, eventually, and stunk it up.

Reply #97
They are going to name two debutants plus 2 injured players, thats what they think of us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98
They are going to name two debutants plus 2 injured players, thats what they think of us.
We have no excuses then....Bowes is a decent player and the kid Whyte has a nice left foot and did well pre season in the practice games
so I presume those two will be in...
I think we can win in a close one like I said before....

Reply #99
We've got our tickets and be going to this one.
Think it will be a big crowd and Geelong will need to face the Carlton Roar!

Reply #100
Hewitt out
C Durds in
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #101
George Hewitt failed a fitness test because of a hand injury according to Ch 7.

Reply #102
Rumours of Mirkov to debut?

Reply #104
Gee, you know you have depth when Saad starts on the bench? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come