Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 5371 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 2 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #150
From the Age: Carlton’s Jack Martin is expected to be a late withdrawal for the Blues’ clash with Geelong on Thursday night because of a calf complaint.

Nah impossible.  He usually so resilient and lasts at least 2 weeks before breaking down.

Seriously this bloke should be put in the bin.

Reply #151
Nah impossible.  He usually so resilient and lasts at least 2 weeks before breaking down.

Seriously this bloke should be put in the bin.
There is a gulf, no wait an ocean, between this bloke's best and worst. Could have been anything, will probably amount to nothing by the time his career is done (which might come sooner than he thinks at this rate).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152

I thought Vossy was very open about Hewett’s chances of playing.   No ducks or drakes were within cooee.
He was...but where and when did you first hear that Hewett had a hand injury that might force him out.
I'm not being critical of the club. I'm one who doesn't care if they're a bit vague about injuries. But there was a time when the media broke the injury news. The point I was making is that while BF and Facebook are often (rightly) rubbished for some of the drivel. They often have the breaking stories first. Such information though should always be treated with a bit of caution until it's confirmed.

Reply #153
Worse than the Hewett news, Umpire 22 has been selected for our match  >:(

That's terrible news. Although I recall he gave us a reasonable run in our last meeting
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #154
What does Dow need to do to get a game? He kicked 4 and assisted the winning goal in the 2's.

2 injured mids and our sm/med forwards were down. There's speculation too that one of those fwds will be a late out. (Martin)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #155
What does Dow need to do to get a game? He kicked 4 and assisted the winning goal in the 2's.

2 injured mids and our sm/med forwards were down. There's speculation too that one of those fwds will be a late out. (Martin)

While I agree as fans and me included we see the stats and think he must be rewarded with a game however when you look back at his career his ability to win the ball in 2nds was never an issue it’s his complete lack of a defensive game that I think holds him back. There is no other reason that makes any sense.

Reply #156
There will be some late changes tonight.  No point going in with the guys from the land of the giants if its going to be greasy and an unstable surface.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #157
There will be some late changes tonight.  No point going in with the guys from the land of the giants if its going to be greasy and an unstable surface.
Dow?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #158
While I agree as fans and me included we see the stats and think he must be rewarded with a game however when you look back at his career his ability to win the ball in 2nds was never an issue it’s his complete lack of a defensive game that I think holds him back. There is no other reason that makes any sense.

It's actually his disposal efficiency, it's poor.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #159

Just watching the morning news and melbourne looks like it's about to get slammed by a huge storm. Hopefully that weather is gone by tonight.

Reply #160
Confused. Vossy talked of Pitto needing more game time fitness, yet small Durds, without any game time, comes straight in (which I am wrapped with, but...). I can only assume that leaving out Pitto is based on our best ruck combo being TDK & JSOS and this excludes Pitto (based on opposition rucks?).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #161
Just watching the morning news and melbourne looks like it's about to get slammed by a huge storm. Hopefully that weather is gone by tonight.
Been and gone...

Reply #162
I commented on that in a post that disappeared into cyberspace las night. I cannot believe that Corey Durdin is ready and Pitto is not.
Besides, if we are to beat Geelong, we need to get first use of the ball. Without Pitto, that becomes less likely.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #163
He was...but where and when did you first hear that Hewett had a hand injury that might force him out.
I'm not being critical of the club. I'm one who doesn't care if they're a bit vague about injuries. But there was a time when the media broke the injury news. The point I was making is that while BF and Facebook are often (rightly) rubbished for some of the drivel. They often have the breaking stories first. Such information though should always be treated with a bit of caution until it's confirmed.

Hewett’s injury was discussed on ABC radio in the rooms after the game.

It wasn’t mentioned in the weekly injury update (21 March) but the severity of the injury wasn’t established until training yesterday.

I think that the club should provide an injury update, as it has done in the recent past, early in the week.  Including George as “test” would have been appropriate.  The only problem is that Jack Martin would be a “test” every week 🙄
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #164
Confused. Vossy talked of Pitto needing more game time fitness, yet small Durds, without any game time, comes straight in (which I am wrapped with, but...). I can only assume that leaving out Pitto is based on our best ruck combo being TDK & JSOS and this excludes Pitto (based on opposition rucks?).

I guess we don’t see what players are or aren’t doing at training.

I was a tad surprised at small Durd’s inclusion.  Presumably Ed will take George’s midfield role and Corey will take Ed’s half forward spot.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball