Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match - Carlton vs Richmond (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Practice Match - Carlton vs Richmond

There's not a lot of information about the game but there's a lot of interest in how the AFL-listed players went.

I'll copy some information from the Twitter feed to provide the bare bones.  Flesh them out as you can.

Carlton:        0.4.4    1.6.12    8.11.59   12.14.86

Richmond:  3.3.21    7.5.37    9.8.62     12.9.81

Goals: Dow 4, Lemmey 3, Moschetti 2, Pittonet 1, Crocker 1, Carrol 1

It's good to see that we're not relying on Crocker to score most of our goals and even better to see young Lemmey getting among the goals.

There's a report on the Richmond website but the only Carlton player who gets a mention is Paddy Dow for "jagging a goal"  ::)     
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: VFL Practice Match - Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
Dow 4 goals. Wow

Reply #2
I assume C Durdin didn't play?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
This is the squad as published on Thursday:
1. Zavier Maher, 2. Paddy Dow, 4. Lochie O’Brien, 7. Luke Parks, 8. Ben Crocker, 11. Tyreece Leiu, 14. Liam McMahon, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 18. Mitch Moschetti, 19. Ned Cahill, 20. Lachie Plowman, 26. Patrick Dozzi, 27. Marc Pittonet, 28. Aidan Mills, 30. Michael Lewis, 31. Harry Lemmey, 32. Jaxon Binns, 34. Heath Ramshaw, 36. Josh Honey, 38. Sam Durdin, 39. Hudson O’Keeffe, 40. Alex Cincotta, 41. Dom Akuei, 44. Jack Lefroy, 45. Alex Mirkov, 46. Archie Stevens

Of the ones named Honey didn't play: he was an emergency for Thursday's game.
Lochie O'Brien, as we know, was the injury sub.
There was almost certainly a couple of others who probably played.

I've read elsewhere that Plowman did not impress.
Pittonet, on the other hand, seems to have played very well, especially after half time.
Not a lot mentioned about the others, except that Dom Akuei took a couple of really big marks.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
How many tackles?
An excellent question, and one I'd like to know the answer to.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Dow is an enigma, looks a class above in the VFL, four goals is a new feature though, might mean that he is running deeper.

I'm barracking for Luke Power, Dow couldn't have a better role model than his own coach.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Dow is an enigma, looks a class above in the VFL, four goals is a new feature though, might mean that he is running deeper.

I'm barracking for Luke Power, Dow couldn't have a better role model than his own coach.

Paddy passed to Lemmey for one of his three so there's at least one goal assist to go with his four goals.  Edit:  Another goal assist with a pass to Carrol.

If anyone can add that bit extra to Paddy's game, Luke Power is the man.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8

We need the option of more leg speed off the bench or as a sub and Id be giving Dow some games and trying to make a player of him by using his strengths which is burst and run. Think we have to wear a few turnovers in the interest of creativity with him and not drop him after one bad performance. Uniake Davies has had that extended game time at Nth after being in a similar position to Paddy and has worked through it and become a player. I hope Voss can see development as equally as important than wins and will give Dow a decent run of games..

Reply #9
Looking at the highlights, Pitto stood out to me. A couple of big, strong pack marks, some good tap work, and some real system in the way we moved the ball from the middle. Just what we need.
Lemmey didn't appear to be a lot worth mentioning, but he took a couple of decent marks and his kicking is easy. Maybe a couple of forwards in the seniors need to look at his action?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Glad the highlights package had more than just goals.

Terrific effort from the Magoos, especially to come from so far behind. Bravo Luke P, players and all involved.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Lemmey didn't appear to be a lot worth mentioning,
FMD @crashlander, he's only just turned 19 and played one VFL practice game and you've written him off! ;D

Agree about Pitto, he looked to be moving quite good, but didn't have much functional opposition to speak of.

It was interesting to see that now he is Capitano Mr Crocker spent much more time up the ground, but that is also perhaps a tell about the opposition.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
FMD @crashlander, he's only just turned 19 and played one VFL practice game and you've written him off! ;D

Agree about Pitto, he looked to be moving quite good, but didn't have much functional opposition to speak of.

It was interesting to see that now he is Capitano Mr Crocker spent much more time up the ground, but that is also perhaps a tell about the opposition.
Pittonet should have played last game to help out TDK vs Nank who played a good one.
Entirely different opposition this week with Blicavs and Stanley who cover a lot of ground and play like the old followers and get a decent amount of ball as well as doing the ruck work. You cant have Blicavs in particular just roaming around on his own without an opponent and while Id like to play Pittonet to help TDK I feel TDK will have to do a lot of the work given his athletic abilities are more suited to the opposition ruck setup..

Reply #13

No mate, he had a quiet game from the looks of things. I'm not writing him off. While he didn't have huge stats, he did what he needed to well enough. I am hoping to see him more and more involved as the weeks go on. I don't expect him to dominate overnight.
On the other hand, if he does dominate overnight, I'm not going to complain.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
I have only seen the highlights but Mirkov’s ruckwork seems to have gone up a notch.  What’s more, Matty Kreuzer’s influence seems to be having an impact with the big man getting involved after the tap.