Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 2 Carlton vs GWS in Sydney (Read 1570 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 2 Carlton vs GWS in Sydney

Reply #30
The underbelly not coming along unfortunately difficult to see Dow, Carrol, Honey and Fogarty in Blues colours next year if this persists.

Hard to argue with you on that, Fine Red.

Our mids just didn't really fire a shot, and our forward line was just shambolic... and that's when they looked better.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Hard to argue with you on that, Fine Red.

Our mids just didn't really fire a shot, and our forward line was just shambolic... and that's when they looked better.
only one who gets a pass is cunners.  Probably his first meaningful game in 3 years.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
only one who gets a pass is cunners.  Probably his first meaningful game in 3 years.

Cunners started well with his silky skills on display... then he faded but will be better for the run.

I'd give Cincotta, Kemp and Binns a pass. Then the pickings get real slim...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Final match report - same as half time.

PATHETIC.

Reply #34
Final match report - same as half time.

PATHETIC.
Very disappointing. No desire on show at all. if we wanted the ball enough, we could have got it.
Our midfield is down at the moment. Dow gets lots of it, but doesn't hurt you much. The rest ...
Honey - 5 possessions and no hurt factor. He is toast unless he really pulls the finger out damned soon.
Lemmey - 5 possessions. Disappointing, but he's on the end of things, not in the guts getting the ball. I want to see more desire, more chasing, more everything.
Jack Carroll - 19 possessions and 1 tackle. This is his 3rd year in the system. I want to see more. Especially in the negative side of things. 1 tackles for a mid simply isn't satisfactory.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
Very disappointing. No desire on show at all. if we wanted the ball enough, we could have got it.
Our midfield is down at the moment. Dow gets lots of it, but doesn't hurt you much. The rest ...
Honey - 5 possessions and no hurt factor. He is toast unless he really pulls the finger out damned soon.
Lemmey - 5 possessions. Disappointing, but he's on the end of things, not in the guts getting the ball. I want to see more desire, more chasing, more everything.
Jack Carroll - 19 possessions and 1 tackle. This is his 3rd year in the system. I want to see more. Especially in the negative side of things. 1 tackles for a mid simply isn't satisfactory.

Agree - Fogarty had a half decent game and was the only one that had a crack in the middle. Was ok with 6 tackles 9 clearances unfortunately he was starved with mates.

Reply #36
Given the number of listed players we had out there, this was an awful result.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #37
Cunners started well with his silky skills on display... then he faded but will be better for the run.

I'd give Cincotta, Kemp and Binns a pass. Then the pickings get real slim...
I meant a pass for under performing.

If you haven't played a match in a couple of years and then your first one is a bit of a stinker thats understandable. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson