Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 5102 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 2 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

I probably won't get to look at this thread until Saturday; life is busy at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 2 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
Extrapolating Charlie’s scoring so far gives him 92 goals. Maybe a ton this year?

Man, does Jeremy Cameron ever miss? You wouldn’t bet on it no matter where he marks in F50.

Acres much better this week and Hollands justifying his selection. Ed good again. McGovern still rusty but you can see  what he’ll add to the team when his marking comes back and his decision-making settles down. Lewis Young would have gained a lot of confidence out of that game, especially with the contested mark at the end of the game to ice it.

Reply #2
Can we swap Jeremy for Mitch?

Reply #3
In the last 2 minutes, the leaders led.

Reply #4
Two contenders, I'll take the 6pts and run.

Reply #5
I was worried throughout as Geelong always fight back from tough positions no matter who they play. Holding on in a tight one will be immense for the players.

Reply #6
Two contenders, I'll take the 6pts and run.

A contender and a pretender for me....always love a beaten Coach Scotts presser.. cant wait for the excuses...

Reply #7
Thank you to Jack Martin and his calf....   Pittonet was very influential!

Reply #8
I was worried throughout as Geelong always fight back from tough positions no matter who they play. Holding on in a tight one will be immense for the players.
No Joel Selwood starting to bite....

Reply #10
It's only one game but.... the ability to hold on after letting the last few slip was outstanding.
Congratulations to the coaches and the leaders 👏🏼
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #11
Well, that’s going to take the wind out of some sails; expect not many posts in this thread 😇
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Time to bank a few wins in the next few games: Giants (A), North, Crows (A), Saints, WCE (A). We should win most of them and could win all. The Giants and Crows are the tough ones. The problem for the Giants is they’ve lost half their centre square starters and it’ll take them time to adjust.

We should have between 4.5 and 6.5 wins by round 7. Not a bad start. Unfortunately, we only play the Hawks once, so we’re a game behind those teams that play them twice.

Reply #13
Having a strong Pitt taking on Hawkins and beating him in those boundary line throwins in the last quarter helped us enormously.

Reply #14
Pitto and TDK, every week, that is all.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time