Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6050 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #45
Could be an interesting new-look midfield if we were to be missing, Hewett, Kennedy, Cripps, Cerra and Hollands...along with Newman.

Reply #46
Could be an interesting new-look midfield if we were to be missing, Hewett, Kennedy, Cripps, Cerra and Hollands...along with Newman.
Oliver looks like a chance to get up for Melbourne too which isnt good news for us.....

Reply #47
IN: Fisher, Dow, Binns, Cincotta, Silvagni and maybe Cowan......Docherty would have to play in the midfield and by virtue of all of those going out, Ed would get another game.

Reply #48
IN: Fisher, Dow, Binns, Cincotta, Silvagni and maybe Cowan......Docherty would have to play in the midfield and by virtue of all of those going out, Ed would get another game.
Id use Saad up the ground this game, we need quality delivery and our best players where the action is. If they have their best regulars in the middle we need reinforcements like Docherty as you say but also Saad imo. He will have a player sitting on him down back so we might as well try and break that tag and do something different by using him as an attacking weapon.

Reply #49
Ed out is almost non negotiable for mine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Dow has to be selected this week - never seen a player knock (bash) down the door like Paddy Dow.

Reply #51
Time to get creative and throw the magnets around

Out: Cripps, Newman, Holland, Hewett, Kennedy (inj) Cerra (susp) McGovern (omitted, shirks too many contests)
In Cincotta, Young, Dow, Fisher, Silvagni, Marcbank, Binns.

Cincotta      Weitering     Kemp
Saad            Young          Boyd
Acres           Dow            Doherty
Owies           De Koning  Fisher
Durdin         McKay        Silvagni

Pittonet    C. Curow    Walsh

Inter:  Motlop, Marchbank, Binns Cottrell          Sub  Fogarty

Reply #52
Oliver looks like a chance to get up for Melbourne too which isnt good news for us.....
Goodwin was just on SEN and defintitely ruled him out for this week, will return the following week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
What about leaving Cripps as a permanent forward and taking him out of the middle and only rotate through there.

That would be my first go-to move. Crippa and Charlie could be a good combination

Not sure what to do with H

Reply #54
F: Owies   Charlie   TDK
HF: Motlop   Crippa  Fisher

Reply #55
What about leaving Cripps as a permanent forward and taking him out of the middle and only rotate through there.

Applaud you for the lateral thinking, but the Skipper is a worse set-shot for goal than Chris Judd was!  ::)

Reply #57

That would be my first go-to move. Crippa and Charlie could be a good combination

Not sure what to do with H

Yes good to move both Harry & Crippa in games when getting monstered  As said in an earlier post, Harry could be a sensation at Centre Half Back
Ab

Reply #58
True but couldnt be worse than Harry.

You sure about that?

Crupps was 1.9 this year I think?

Fwiw, I've suggested similar.
Have Kennedy as a forward who swaps with cripps through the middle.

That way we get the one who can kick goals playing forward most.

Reply #59
Yes good to move both Harry & Crippa in games when getting monstered  As said in an earlier post, Harry could be a sensation at Centre Half Back
Ab
Give Harry a run in the ruck like Brisbane does with Daniher. Nothing like running around the ground taking marks to help your confidence.