Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6067 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Harry is one straight kick away from a bag full of love, and all will be forgotten!

FFS, fans need to stop listening to the armchair critics, most of them are just lower profile versions of Matheison.

Let Harry get on with being Harry, after all he is a Coleman Medallist!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Harry is one straight kick away from a bag full of love, and all will be forgotten!

FFS, fans need to stop listening to the armchair critics, most of them are just lower profile versions of Matheison.

Let Harry get on with being Harry, after all he is a Coleman Medallist!
Think fans have every right to complain, if we were a Columbian soccer club the playing list would be lacking depth for reasons other than poor development..

Reply #62
Not sure if it's been mentioned but one take from Patrick's smack at Caroline is that he's confident he's ready to go and will be playing Friday.

'We aren't where we want to be as a team right now, but never question my commitment to this team or club.

'I can't wait for Friday night.'

Reply #63
Think fans have ever right to complain, if we were a Columbian soccer club the playing list would be lacking depth for reasons other than poor development..
Seriously, I might not like the plane turbulence but I'm not going to tell the former airforce pilot how to fly the plane.

In fact causing a distraction and keeping him from his job might be the worst thing I could possibly do.

See Matheison ...................... et., al!

btw., Matheison would say sack the pilot, find a better one, but you are just as likely to hire a downgrade as an improvement!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
Seriously, I might not like the plane turbulence but I'm not going to tell the former airforce pilot how to fly the plane.

In fact causing a distraction and keeping him from his job might be the worst thing I could possibly do.

See Matheison ...................... et., al!

btw., Matheison would say sack the pilot, find a better one, but you are just as likely to hire a downgrade as an improvement!
Mathieson would sack the pilot mid flight and then realise he has no one to fly the plane.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
Both the Mathiesons appear to reside in supporter La La Land, a safe space for those still clinging to the embarrassing view that outbursts, temper tantrums and sprays will yield the desired results.

Reply #66
Both the Mathiesons appear to reside in supporter La La Land, a safe space for those still clinging to the embarrassing view that outbursts, temper tantrums and sprays will yield the desired results.

I doubt they've gone away.
...and they probably have some strong support for their views in La la land.
Hopefully they don't spill out into the real world at the end of the year.

Reply #67
Friday 7:50pm, .............. you keep what you kill!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
I think a good tactic for all this criticism might be for the coaches and Cripps especially to turn all this into
US versus Them attitude. Backs to the wall type stuff everyone’s against us but we’ll show em etc.
Don’t know if that works anymore but I know Cripps will have a photo of that uninformed bitch Wilson on his locker!

Reply #69
If you look at our team we will field this week compared to the one that lost by under a kick later last year i think its stronger this time around even allowing for our new injuries. This time we have Kennedy, Acres in the middle which both didn't play. Cerra and Hewitt both missed the last time as well and we still pushed them. TDK will need to play a blinder against the twin towers or they will smash us at every ball up.

They have Oliver Petty and Brown missing this time so if mentally we are up for this we may push them.

And then after being in front for most of the night we will lose it in dying minutes. Nothing surer.   

Reply #70
Young will need to come into the team as relieving ruck/KPP for TDK

Reply #72
Much better than playing him at HB

He's doing well there, but i think he'd be more useful up forward.

Hewitt and Cerra would be better at HB IMO.....as well as Ed.

Given our accuracy in front of goal, i'd prefer to put blokes there who can kick......and we seem to have a shortage of them at the moment.

Reply #73
Young will need to come into the team as relieving ruck/KPP for TDK

Depends on how Melbourne lineup as we may need Young down back too, we didnt really have a matchup for Mclean last week and that cost us...I could see both Young and Jack back in the team.

Reply #74
Based on "like for like" and assuming Cripps plays
Hewett->Dow
Newman->Cinchona
Hollands->Binns
Durdin->Fogarty
Pittonet->Young
Unfortunately Ed survives due to injury toll
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th