Skip to main content
Topic: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ?? (Read 94792 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kreuzer VS Warnock VS Wood - How Will This One Play Out ??

Reply #105
Well given the crap medical advice he's getting he might just want to leave EB1.  I would.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #106
Just saw some footage of MK and man he looks skinny. I don't know if they wanted to lighten him up given his injury woes but he kooks two or three preseasons off ruck size.

Reply #107
Just saw some footage of MK and man he looks skinny. I don't know if they wanted to lighten him up given his injury woes but he kooks two or three preseasons off ruck size.

They fecked him up by letting him bulk up too much in the first place!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
If injury news is true its bad news for MK. Feel sorry for him personally, but from a club perspective it strengthens the list in terms of player availability. Bring on Wood. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #109
If injury news is true its bad news for MK. Feel sorry for him personally, but from a club perspective it strengthens the list in terms of player availability. Bring on Wood.

My Collingwood outlaws can't believe that we picked up Wood.  He is an average VFL player at best.  Rowe and Casboult will get games before Wood, if he is upgraded.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
My Collingwood outlaws can't believe that we picked up Wood.  He is an average VFL player at best..

He showed a bit in the NAB challenge, but you're right. Even a mediocre ruckman from a top 8 side would be traded before being delisted.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #111

My Collingwood outlaws can't believe that we picked up Wood.  He is an average VFL player at best.  Rowe and Casboult will get games before Wood, if he is upgraded.

Your outlaws may very well be spot on DJ, but he at least comes with an able body so provides us with an opportunity that we currently don't have with Kruiz ie availability. We are already better off from a starting point, anything additional that he may bring by way of performance is added value.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #112
Warnock owns everyone in the ruck (excluding sandilands) but at best 50% goes to our advantage.
Really? Not last night, and not by any measure of real success(see the comment below), if all you count is who got first hand to the ball maybe often but again not last night on that one either. I predicted a Nil All draw in the centre against Hampson and that is what was delivered. If a fit Kreuzer had played he would have smashed Hampson, this is the difference between Warnock and a real ruck.

except by the fact that warnock owns nic nat in the ruck
You are kidding yourself, getting first hand to the ball means nothing if your opponent is in control of where you tap it! Warnock is predictable and dumb, sure he gets a hand on the ball but the opposition control where it goes. The best work 206 did last night was on his knees acting as a road block!

We have some of the leagues best midfield out there and they are getting slaughtered by being dependent on a ruck who is not in control of his own game. I'd start by sacking our ruck coach!

LP, you completely missed the point of my comments.

AT BEST he gets 50% to us. Translates too, at least 50% of the time it goes to the opposition or a 50-50 contest.

In reality, he might get it to us 10% of the time. In the end, that is all irrelevant, as the rest of my post points out.

Reply #113
I suspect we're being prepared for a season without MK. Long term injury list... enter Wood.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #114
With my own intimate experience of ankle and foot problems, I'm starting to think that we may be lucky to see MK much for the rest of 2014 unfortunately - the problems just refuse to go away. I think the rest cure is probably the way to go but the timeframe is long in my experience. Agree, Baggers, Wood may have to be elevated.

Whether the club backs Kreuz longer term is an interesting one but would depend on how things look at the end of the year - IMO, very uncertain.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #115

But compared to Rowe and Casboult, he looks like a Brownlow favorite. I would be shocked if Rowe gets another senior game for the Navy. He has played plenty of games in the twos and showed nothing but being a liability when he comes into the 1's. Make the the call on MK and bring in Wood I say.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #116

But compared to Rowe and Casboult, he looks like a Brownlow favorite. I would be shocked if Rowe gets another senior game for the Navy. He has played plenty of games in the twos and showed nothing but being a liability when he comes into the 1's. Make the the call on MK and bring in Wood I say.

Rowe, rightly or wrongly, is considered backup KD.

Given that Watson was a late exclusion, Rowe was the 'obvious' choice.

At worst, we could swing him forward and swing Hendo/Waite back.

Point is, thats how light on we are for genuine KPPs.

Reply #117
Funny, three years ago people were raving about our ruck riches.  Fast forward three years and one is starring for another club (for a pick that went nowhere), one was shed for a middling pick, one looks as if injury will hinder his career and one is unsuited to the modern game.  Now we are basically back to square one and potentially relying upon a discard off the rookie list.

That light we thought we saw at the end of the tunnel .... is the 6:14  from Smacktown.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #118
Funny, three years ago people were raving about our ruck riches.  Fast forward three years and one is starring for another club (for a pick that went nowhere), one was shed for a middling pick, one looks as if injury will hinder his career and one is unsuited to the modern game.  Now we are basically back to square one and potentially relying upon a discard off the rookie list.

That light we thought we saw at the end of the tunnel .... is the 6:14  from Smacktown.

The writing was on the wall, most could not read it or simply refused to believe!

For several seasons we were feared in the ruck, our dominance of clearances was something that only the Dawks challenged. We regularly ranked 1 or 2. We had heaps of other deficiencies holding us back, but our depth in the centre circle was formidable. Now we shot ourselves in the foot and have still not fixed the problems elsewhere, we are our own worst enemy.

This next part is going to make you spew because my next prediction is this, Carlton will use an early 2014 draft pick to secure a potential ruck/forward.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119

Rowe, rightly or wrongly, is considered backup KD.

Given that Watson was a late exclusion, Rowe was the 'obvious' choice.

At worst, we could swing him forward and swing Hendo/Waite back.

Point is, thats how light on we are for genuine KPPs.

Correct...Rowe will keep getting games as he can play all the KP's unlike Casboult or Wood and that shows how poorly off for KP players we are....his form vs Richmond also seems to divide opinion, some are suggesting he did a fair job. I'm not but with Essendon being fairly tall up forward he will probably get another game...