Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 66539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #135
Oops is the seasons till going.

Um Saints by 23 points, Milne to kick 5.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #136
In any other workplace, he'd have been stood down with pay until this whole thing was sorted out.
But hey, footballers are different apparently. He's 'a top bloke', and 'the heart and soul of the Footy Club'. 'Let him play', say the chorus of boys club boof heads.
And so, he will.

How's this really any different to the Lovett-Murray saga? He was stood down by the club initially and then sacked - why not Milne? Part of the boys club down there and why hasn't the AFL acted (lent on the Saints)?

I dont mean to split hairs, but Lovett-Murray plays for Essendon, is under investigation by ASADA, was caught with ecstasy tablets not long ago, was stabbed in the bicep by an intruder, and is another player who probably shouldnt be playing AFL footy this season.

Andrew Lovett, was the one that was sacked by the Saints, and then when the uproar began, we heard about how he was not being a team player in preseason and that was grounds for dismissal.

Ill forgive you because like Milne, these guys shouldnt be playing!

>:D
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #137
I reckon we are one tall short for this game with that named 22. I reckon one of the emergencies in Watson, Casboult or White might come in.

Would not be surprised if this happens, although being at Etihad the bigger guys are not so much use.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138

Andrew Lovett, was the one that was sacked by the Saints, and then when the uproar began, we heard about how he was not being a team player in preseason and that was grounds for dismissal.

Ill forgive you because like Milne, these guys shouldnt be playing!

>:D

Yes you're right my bad there. Still the AFL has been very quiet on this and I would have expected they would request he be stood down pending the investigation. The flip side of that coin is you set a precedence and then you get people making all sorts of accusations about people who then get stood down and may be actually guilty of nothing. Stains them and their career.

You'd hate to see some rabid supporter make a claim about someone in the hope they can't play just to screw up that team. No shortage of nutters out there. 

Reply #139
On AFL360 Robbo made a prediction that Milne will get booed. Carlton fans have booed him for years because he's a w@nk3r not because of his off field issues.

If he had only been w@nk3ng he wouldn't be in trouble....

Reply #140
Waite & Casboult out for Scotland & Rowe, not sure that is good for us. They bring in Milne & Riewoldt at the expense of Wright & Saad.

I may sound like the Prophet of Doom here but I've got a very bad feeling about this one.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #141
Milne will do sweet f.a. all night. Will kick 1 or 2 junk time goals late in the game. And will carry on like the d****head he is, as if he just won a premiership. All whilst inciting the crowd in the progress. Thats why we boo him, and thats why every opposition supporter boo him.
Eat more chooks

Reply #142
Waite & Casboult out for Scotland & Rowe, not sure that is good for us. They bring in Milne & Riewoldt at the expense of Wright & Saad.

I may sound like the Prophet of Doom here but I've got a very bad feeling about this one.

Same.
All depends if our players have some self respect. We have the better list. Quite a few players must surely realise this is last chance saloon. Surely.

MM can try and fire them up, but at some point each player must look inside himself and decide if they truly want this career. If they cannot go 4 quarters against this team and win convincingly, let the culling begin.

This is a must win game if we want to be seen as a serious team that is on the up. Danger Game for a lot of people.
Keep the Faith

Reply #143
If anyone wants to talk "Line in the Sand" then this one is it. Would love a big win but I would be happy if we just put in our collective 100% best for four full quarters and showed that we really are having a fully serious go.

If we do that then we'll have clawed back at least some respect and I'll go along with whatever the result may be.

At least we would truly know where we stand.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #144
I will never understand why we need to have 4 shutdown "run with" players in the side. Graham simply must get games. This week at the very least I hope MM releases carrots to go and win his own ball
Eat more chooks

Reply #145
Our last 20 games against this mob makes for pretty unsavoury reading:
WWLLLLLLLLLLLLWWLLLL
Would love a win but cant convince myself we can. Got on the Saints at $3.25 just in case.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #146
I will never understand why we need to have 4 shutdown "run with" players in the side. Graham simply must get games. This week at the very least I hope MM releases carrots to go and win his own ball

I thought Graham was a tagger as well?

anyway... I agree - bring him on.

Reply #147
Graham is no tagger.  That being said, he is having a decent year in the Northern Blues but is not exactly banging the door down for selection.  Tom Bell was doing more, and failed to really get selected.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #148
Graham is no tagger.  That being said, he is having a decent year in the Northern Blues but is not exactly banging the door down for selection.  Tom Bell was doing more, and failed to really get selected.
He has a broken jaw at the moment, but wonder if mick would have brought him in.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #149
He has a broken jaw at the moment, but wonder if mick would have brought him in.
Heard a snippet from a little birdy which would suggest the answer would be no.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time