Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 67013 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #105
In ~ ROWE, SCOTLAND

out ~ WAITE, LEVI
 :-X

No "knee jerk" reactions here  :D
Obviously giving them a chance at redemption.

Suggested it was the only way to really judge Mick and his group this week. Glad to see it has turned out this way.

NOW we'll get a good understanding of what this group has in the lower abdomen region.
...and how much pull Mick has with this group.

If we turn it around after last week. Mick deserves some cred. If we have another disappointing effort....well then we are in some hot water.  :-\

Reply #106
CARLTON v ST KILDA, Etihad Stadium, 7.40pm AEST, Saturday July 13

CARLTON
B: Robinson Jamison Henderson
HB: Tuohy McInnes Gibbs
C: Yarran Judd Simpson
HF: Curnow Walker Garlett
F: McLean Rowe Scotland
FOLL: Kreuzer Betts Cachia
I/C: Carrazzo Murphy Lucas Armfield
EMG: Casboult Watson White
IN: Rowe Scotland
OUT: Waite (knee) Casboult    

ST KILDA
B: Stanley Gwilt Dempster
HB: Ray Roberton Jones
C: Newnes Hayes Geary
HF: Armitage Riewoldt Montagna
F: Milne Lee Dennis-Lane
FOLL: McEvoy Dal Santo Steven
I/C: Hickey Murdoch Saunders Milera
EMG: Siposs Ross Wright
IN: Milne Riewoldt
OUT: Wright Saad

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-round-16-teams-20130711-2pswv.html#ixzz2YjaapDx0

I admit looking at this team with amazement: if we are not trying to lose I will go he. We must be going for a top 4 pick with this team structure.

Seeing Milne named for St Kilda makes me ill. How he can play against us I will not understand.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #107
If Rowe gets a game I am happy because we really need to see if he can become a genuine forward at AFL level. Either this or whether he becomes another tall defender for this squad.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #108
Despite my obvious criticism of Casboult I am surprised he gets omitted in the absence of Waite.

All I can think of is that with Waite out they must think a Kreuzer, Casboult and Rowe trio are too slow to get to the required number of contests.

Now having said that, I like the look of this weeks team it has a balance to it and I predict a big game for the Amigos.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109
If Rowe gets a game I am happy because we really need to see if he can become a genuine forward at AFL level. Either this or whether he becomes another tall defender for this squad.

I am pleased to see him get a game too but its the same old part time forward/part time ruck gig for him which gives him little chance to make it as a KP player....jack of all trades master of none syndrome.
Is Mick trying to find his Leigh Brown swapping Casboult for Rowe perhaps?

Reply #110

I am pleased to see him get a game too but its the same old part time forward/part time ruck gig for him which gives him little chance to make it as a KP player....jack of all trades master of none syndrome.
Is Mick trying to find his Leigh Brown swapping Casboult for Rowe perhaps?

Maybe Casboult, Rowe or Hampson is our potential Leigh Brown a jack of all trades type to some extent. You need a few that can execute multiple roles. Not too many. Maybe Mick hasn't decided which of these are keepers and which could be traded in the future for genuine KPP's. Maybe ??
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #112
Despite my obvious criticism of Casboult I am surprised he gets omitted in the absence of Waite.

Bit of a head scratcher there as I thought Levi had been presenting to the ball quite well. Granted the Pies game wasn't his best but thought he may have maintained his place in the absence of Waite.  If Hendo goes forward then Rowe may go back. We certainly need the 3 Amigos to fire up this week but the Saints have a habit of closing us down  :(

Milne playing will no doubt be enough of an incentive for the Saints to rally  :-\

MM has handed down the gauntlet to the boys so let's see what they can do.

Reply #113
I would have an easier time accepting dropping Casboult for Watson,  but I really can't get my head around dropping Casboult for Rowe. Does Rowe have comparable upside as a key forward? Dont think so and it's far more likely that Rowe will never cut the mustard at AFL level.

I'm not seeing a lot of evidence of a coach that consistently gets the best out of fringe players.

Reply #114
I would have an easier time accepting dropping Casboult for Watson,  but I really can't get my head around dropping Casboult for Rowe. Does Rowe have comparable upside as a key forward? Dont think so and it's far more likely that Rowe will never cut the mustard at AFL level.

I'm not seeing a lot of evidence of a coach that consistently gets the best out of fringe players.

Rowe is probably a better key defender than Watson. I doubt the 'aints have a tall forward slow enough for Watto.

Reply #116

Rowe is probably a better key defender than Watson. I doubt the 'aints have a tall forward slow enough for Watto.

"Probably" is the operative word in your response and I'd rather try a first round draft pick than a self confessed journeyman

Reply #117
MM giving his largely pathetic group a chance to respond......this is gonna be interesting......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #118
I reckon we are one tall short for this game with that named 22. I reckon one of the emergencies in Watson, Casboult or White might come in.

Reply #119
Surely Malthouse is taking the piss. The embarrassment last Friday was all Casboults fault. Soft response for a soft team.  >:( >:D >:(