Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 66617 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #120
I know I'm SBO (Stating the Obvious) but this is the 2013 "Line In The Sand Momement" for ALL of our starting 22. 

With NORF next week again on a fri night we need a massive lift in confidence and attitude....

Like you all I'm stunned at our MC selections and blow this one and we won't see the same 22 playing for the Baggers again..

I still have some faith in the group and we should win easilly.

Reply #121
Maybe some blokes are getting another week to show MM they belong but i am disappointed to not see a Graham or Menzel out there, even Watson. Reckon Watto might still come in and play down back with Jammo with Hendo going forward.

Reply #122
On AFL360 Robbo made a prediction that Milne will get booed. Carlton fans have booed him for years because he's a w@nk3r not because of his off field issues.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #123
On AFL360 Robbo made a prediction that Milne will get booed. Carlton fans have booed him for years because he's a w@nk3r not because of his off field issues.

He shouldn't be playing..... and I'm probably a bigger advocate for the "innocent until proven guilty" process than anyone.

It sends a wrong message.
All the attention in tomorrow nights game will be on Milne.
There's bound to be some booing but there will also be some 'boofy' commentators calling such booing a disgrace and trotting out the "innocent until proven guilty" line.

It's insensitive for the alleged victim for that level of attention to be focused on Milne.
Hopefully those commentating don't start banging on about his "courage in the face of adversity".
There's also a (admittedly small) chance some nut job in the crowd may try something.

Finally MBB is right.
Milne is probably the most disliked opposition player for Carlton folk.
News Flash......We'll be booing him anyway.
....and who's to say where the booing for the player rather than the offence starts and ends.

It all makes for a pretty ugly night and one that, if the folks at the Saints have any sense, they should try to avoid....for the sake of the alleged victim and Milne himself.

Reply #124
I reckon the only reason he is being allowed to play, is solely because the AFL players association have gotten involved and there might have been some fallout about the treatment of Andrew Lovett last time.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #125
He's probably being allowed to play because that's how the system should work.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #126
It's not an anti-Milne rant.
I honestly believe it's the best thing (in his interest) for him not to play.
I've no problem with St Kilda supporting him both financially and emotionally while the process plays out....that's the crux of the "innocent until proven guilty" thing.
I just don't believe he should be playing.

Reply #127
This week's changes are the sort of changes that would have been made between rounds 1 and 10, a stage when we were fighting for a top 8 position.
Scotland comes in straight away... I have no issue with that.
Swapping Cas and Rowe... that's happened a couple of times this year already.
The only other change should have been to replace Waite with another tall and having Scotland displace a small (Cas probably should have stayed in in that regard).
But by not trying the newbies (Menzel, Graham, etc.) this suggest that we haven't as yet "put the cue in the rack". We're still picking a team that's close to what we would have picked at the start of the season.

Reply #128
In any other workplace, he'd have been stood down with pay until this whole thing was sorted out.
But hey, footballers are different apparently. He's 'a top bloke', and 'the heart and soul of the Footy Club'. 'Let him play', say the chorus of boys club boof heads.
And so, he will.

Reply #129
In any other workplace, he'd have been stood down with pay until this whole thing was sorted out.
But hey, footballers are different apparently. He's 'a top bloke', and 'the heart and soul of the Footy Club'. 'Let him play', say the chorus of boys club boof heads.
And so, he will.
A disgrace really. I feel uncomfortable him playing as I dont believe its a good look for the AFL given the seriousness of the matter.You're right, In any other work place, you would be stood down pending, how this is not the case here baffles me. The AFL is proving to be a law unto itself which to some extent is ok however, they contradict themselves by first preaching how good they are and how they "adopt best practices" and "go over and above codes"...all until the poo hits the fan!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130
It's not an anti-Milne rant.
I honestly believe it's the best thing (in his interest) for him not to play.
I've no problem with St Kilda supporting him both financially and emotionally while the process plays out....that's the crux of the "innocent until proven guilty" thing.
I just don't believe he should be playing.

Surely he won't play   ???

Geez, if he does, it's the one match I've decided to take my 3 young kids to because their cousin is playing the little league game.
Any advice on a definition of 'rapist' suitable for an 8 year old?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #131
We shouldn't boo him apparently.
Not a good look apparently.
But having a guy running around on the ground who is charged with 4 counts of rape is  ::) ::) ::)

Reply #132
And so, he will.

How's this really any different to the Lovett-Murray saga? He was stood down by the club initially and then sacked - why not Milne? Part of the boys club down there and why hasn't the AFL acted (lent on the Saints)?

Reply #133
And so, he will.

How's this really any different to the Lovett-Murray saga? He was stood down by the club initially and then sacked - why not Milne? Part of the boys club down there and why hasn't the AFL acted (lent on the Saints)?

Apparently wasn't winning many friends and the club was looking for a reason. If you're going to walk a fine line, you have to make sure you are kicking goals because as we've seen countless times, when things don't start going your way there are plenty lined up to do you in.

Reply #134
And so, he will.

Apparently wasn't winning many friends and the club was looking for a reason. If you're going to walk a fine line, you have to make sure you are kicking goals because as we've seen countless times, when things don't start going your way there are plenty lined up to do you in.

Interesting the media haven't raised this point. I suspect if it had been a Carlton player we would never hear the end of it AND they'd be suspended. The nuff nuffs run the league now.