Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #165
It actually does feel the season starts this week for me, and a lot of others. Monumental stuff up by the AFL that should be never allowed to happen again. Anywho barring in any unforeseen changes due to injury I would go with

In: Buckley, White
Out: Walker, McInnes

I can see McInnes having a Marcus Davies moment or two and prefer White for this game.

I also prefer Rowe or Caboult backing up Kreuzer, but I think Mick will persist with Kreuzer backing up Warnock for a few more games. 

Reply #167
Watch this: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-25/in-the-moment-rich-v-carl-elim-final.workstation

Some absolutely embarrassing comments from Cotchin & Jackson especially.

Interesting that we were accused of being 'front runners'... used to be but I actually thought that last year we were often slow to get going and often ended up playing catch up.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #168
Watch this: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-25/in-the-moment-rich-v-carl-elim-final.workstation

Interesting that we were accused of being 'front runners'... used to be but I actually thought that last year we were often slow to get going and often ended up playing catch up.

Front runners as in front of the ball.

Reply #169
Jackson has done alright against us, AFL players are not wordsmiths and Kouta has proven that.

I suspect Jackson was implying we are soft, he seems to go harder against us than most others which sort of backs up that this may be his belief.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170
As long as we go in not EXPECTING them to do it again ::)
We have to come to play, ala 1st qtr against Port, but do it for four qtrs.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #171

As in downhill skiers as in all is fine and dandy until the heat really comes on.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #172
Did Rowe and White play on the weekend just been for the N.Blues?

If so, how'd they go?

Reply #173
When was the last time we played 4q,we are not good or fit enough to do this.As for white or macca more of the same pace wise.

Reply #174

As in downhill skiers as in all is fine and dandy until the heat really comes on.

Pretty accurate assessment although Im with Baggers, I think that we shook that label a little last season, and in some ways the Port Adelaide game reflected that a little.  The previous Carlton team wouldnt have put the noses back in front in the third quarter, and just would have fallen away at quarter time.

Bit of a nothing positive really, but a positive nonetheless, and its what got us the win in that elimination final.  The funny thing is, that Richmond seem to parody that to some degree.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #175
Scotland surely has to come in for Walker.....

If McInnes is named, I will seriously spew-up....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #176
Laidler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McInnes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #177
Juddy is so close, could he be the sub this week, bring him on half way through the  third quarter and let him go for it. ( I know you run the risk that he might be used in the first five minutes!)

What happens if we get an injury 5 minutes into the 1st qtr, Juddy comes on but then can't run out the game.
IMO even the sub has to be 100% fit, it should never be used to bring back an injured player early.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!