Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues vs. Casey Sat 10th May at Visy (Read 13939 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues vs. Casey Sat 10th May at Visy

Well, after last week's debacle we now have a chance to atone. Supposedly there may be a few Blues returning from injury, which should make the side stronger. However, it would be nice if we had a key forward....

Team will be posted this evening.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northern Blues vs. Casey Sat 10th May at Visy

Reply #1
Northern Blues vs. Casey Scorpions
Saturday 10th May
Visy Park at 2:00pm

Northern Blues
B: Byrne M. Watson McInnes
HB: Armfield Giles Bootsma
C: Scotland McLean Lucas
HF: Graham Anthony Bransgrove
F: Garlett B. Johnson Ellard
R: Wood Cripps Cachia
Int: T. Thomas Holman Wilkinson Tardio* Reynolds Posar Cattapan Totevski Wilson Temay Coulson Dufficy Sheehan

Casey Scorpions
B: Clisby Davis Panozza
HB: Nicholson Georgiou Strauss
C: Barry Evans Blease
HF: Michie Smith Tapscott
F: Hunt Fitzpatrick Toumpas
R: Gawn Riley McKenzie
Int: Godfrey Scott Rutherford Corry Best Ferraro Hillard Thomas* Rosier

There will be a few changes before Saturday, with Monday's team to be finalized. Some guys are lucky to be getting a game.
Interesting to see Byrne named in defence. He didn't get much of a go up forward.

Melbourne, sorry, Casey, look fairly strong. I hope we can find what it takes, especially after last week.

Northern Blues vs. Casey Scorpions
Saturday 10th May
Visy Park at 11:00am

Northern Blues
B: Callaway M. Gleeson Johnston
HB: Posar J. Roberts Emley
C: Cattapan Taglieri T. Thomas
HF: Temay Walton Totevski
F: Dufficy Murray Dorman
R: Coulson Dirago J. Gleeson
Int: McCann Gilbert McDonald Toman D. Watson Perry Haynes H. Curnow Sutton Kur

Casey Scorpions
B Corrigan Waters Hillard
HB Corry Gawley Godfrey
C Anderson Scott J. McDonald
HF Wyatt Rennie Murray
F Rosier Rutherford Shiels
R Thwaites Drew Welsh
Int Davidson Pears Westrupp Paredes West Symons Collins Lang Meadows
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Query for some1.

I know the lad Walton (CHF) in the development squad.
Seen him right thru his jnr years and snr years at Montmorency.
Brave, good size 188-190cm, good mark, quick and has a huge kick.

Any1 out there who watches them regularly able to shed some light on how he's going and if he might crack it for a snr NB gig?

Also, Callaway & Johnston r others from the NFL that we good jnrs.

Collins in the Casey squad is another Mont boy with a bit of skill.

Reply #3
To be honest, I can't imagine that Walton is too far away from a senior game. He has been a consistent performer and regular goal kicker so far.
Johnston has also been a regular this season and has done his job in defence. I don't remember the other lad at all. There are probably other guys who can tell you more at this point.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Northern Blues
B: Byrne M. Watson McInnes
HB:            Giles Bootsma
C:
HF: Graham Anthony Bransgrove
F:            B. Johnson        
R: Wood Cripps Cachia
Int: T. Thomas Holman Wilkinson Tardio* Reynolds Posar Cattapan Totevski Wilson Temay Coulson Dufficy Sheehan

According to the Northern Blues twitter feed, the guys playing today are:
Byrne, McInnes, Sheehan, Giles, Bootsma, Reynolds, Holman, Graham, Johnson, Wood, Cripps, Cachia, Temay
 That is 6 guys out, so the chances of a late change look reasonably high.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
At quarter time we trail by 7 points:

Northern Blues 2 - 1 - 13
Casey Scorpions 3 - 2 - 20

Disposals:
Cachia 9, Graham 9, Wilson 5, Wood 5, Thomas 5

Goals:
Cattapan Temay

Apparently Graham has been our best so far with 5 clearances in his 9 possessions. Boots has aso had a number of favourable mentions and a number of tackles.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6

Apparently Graham has been our best so far with 5 clearances in his 9 possessions. Boots has aso had a number of favourable mentions and a number of tackles.

I don't get the luxury of seeing the NB play ever in the VFL but often i hear Graham loading up on possessions. Is he more than just a ball magnet? does his touches and disposals impact the game? or are they like majority of Dane Swan's 40+ touches a game?

Reply #7
We have the ball down our end for 5 minutes and manage 2 points. They get one inside 50 and kick a goal. Doesn't that sound familiar?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8

I don't get the luxury of seeing the NB play ever in the VFL but often i hear Graham loading up on possessions. Is he more than just a ball magnet? does his touches and disposals impact the game? or are they like majority of Dane Swan's 40+ touches a game?
That is a very good question. There are times where he really tears teams a new one at VFL level, but some days, like last week, he gets a lot of the ball but doesn't hurt teams. At AFL level he hasn't really found the pace of the game yet and seems to get marks and go back for his kick. He just doesn't do that at VFL level: he gets heaps of clearances and he plays on most of the time.
That extra yard of pace which has avoided him so far may be the difference in the end, but I'd settle if he could start playing ion the AFL like he plays in the VFL: extractor 1st class.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Casey now have 5 goals and Smith has 4 of them. A key forward to kick to is probably going to be the difference in the game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
We lost by 16 points, which isn't disastrous, but is a loss.

2014 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   4.6  6.11  7.12  12.16 (88)
Casey Scorpions   0.2  2.3  2.5  4.6 (30)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Walton 3 Dorman 2 Sutton  Couch  Murray  Watson  Toman  Emley  McCann
Casey Scorpions: Lang  Scott  Anderson  Shiels

BEST:
Northern Blues: McCann Walton Watson Dirago Taglieri Johnston
Casey Scorpions: Drew Rutherford Lang Shiels Thwaites Corrigan

2014 Peter Jackson VFL
Northern Blues   2.1  8.7  8.7  8.7 (55)
Casey Scorpions   3.2  9.9  9.9  10.11 (71)

Goals:
Bransgrove 2, Wilson 2, Wood, Cattapan, Temay, Byrne

Possessions:
Graham 32, Cachia 31, Cripps 22, Cattapan 16, Bransgrove 16
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
So if I'm reading this right.......... :o

Both teams kicked 6 goals in the 2nd quarter....
No one scored in the 3rd,
and they kicked 1 goal 2 in the last to our nil.....again? :-\ :-\

Really?
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #12

That is a very good question. There are times where he really tears teams a new one at VFL level, but some days, like last week, he gets a lot of the ball but doesn't hurt teams. At AFL level he hasn't really found the pace of the game yet and seems to get marks and go back for his kick. He just doesn't do that at VFL level: he gets heaps of clearances and he plays on most of the time.
That extra yard of pace which has avoided him so far may be the difference in the end, but I'd settle if he could start playing ion the AFL like he plays in the VFL: extractor 1st class.

Anyone ever hear of a guy called Sam Mitchell whom for years was labelled as "too slow"?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Graham is an average plodder.
No improvement on say Ellard, Curnow etc.

Reply #14
Graham is an average plodder.
No improvement on say Ellard, Curnow etc.

Chances are we will ever know Dom.

Once the wise one makes up his mind you are cooked. Frankly I don't reckon MM knows what the guys running around in the magoos can do.

He probably went yesterday (can anyone confirm?) but the way the fixture clashes with the Senior team he probably wouldn't recognise half the players in a NB jumper. The guy lives in a bubble.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................