Skip to main content
Topic: Blues vs. Sydney in Sydney: Pre Match Prognostications (Read 13517 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues vs. Sydney in Sydney: Pre Match Prognostications

Reply #15
That answers the question on whether Johnson will be the sub.

Reply #16
What's the bet Graham gets the vest?
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #17
We will get yet another touch up from a team that knows and has what it takes, COLA or no COLA.

Reply #18
I reckon we'll go okay.

Reply #19
What's the bet Graham gets the vest?

And Ellard will be subbed - or vice versa.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Just a straying thought (probably a pretty crazy one), but what do we reckon about Touhy being the starting sub? He can play a variety of positions, is very quick, makes pretty good decisions under pressure, can very well be an impact player, etc.

I mean, i love the guy and want to see him running around all game; but I think he could be an effective sub.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #21
Mick has given us the message dont worry about the results and be patient, he says Swans have the best list ever...there are two excuses he can use after the game and I am not expecting to win and Mick has primed the supporters for a loss. Menzel is a big loss as he takes heat off Casboult and Henderson and I reckon Buddy will tear us apart...

Ellard is a battler and Graham a newbie who will find those big bodied Swans mids hard to tackle and even harder when they tackle him....Mick has given us the message dont worry about the results.....I reckon anything less than a 5 goal loss will be seen as a reasonable result..

Reply #22
For me I'm a little flat, nothing left to play for so early in the season, another shellacking a big possibility. Only thing to look forward to is blokes like Yazz, Cas and the Menz.

and the draft order  :)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #23
No chance this week, any that we had evaporated when Carratts ans Menzel were ruled out.
I'll be happy if we get within 5 or 6 goals but I doubt that we will.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
I can see us winning this one actually.  Don't ask me why, it's not logical, it just matches the rampant schizophrenia that follows our football club.

We will give it a shake anyway.  not that it matters.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
We've lost our leading goal kicker and I can't see Lachie, Levi and White having their way with the Swans' back line. I can't see us kicking a good enough score. Especially with no real small forward.

Jeffy is emergency. I'd play him. The team is pretty slow.

Reply #26
I can see us winning this one actually.  Don't ask me why, it's not logical, it just matches the rampant schizophrenia that follows our football club.

We will give it a shake anyway.  not that it matters.

If we win I shall eat my scarf for dinner without holding anyone accountable.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27
After listening to Malthouse explain what is expected of Waite and Garlett before they can expect a recall, Watson is named as an emergency  ::)  What did he do to deserve a spot in our best available 25 and who in the Swans could he play on?

Wouldn't it be refreshing if our coach actually explained what he was planning?

I can understand the lack of pre-game discussion; we're on a hiding to nothing, our list is apparently crape but we won't try youngsters, and we're all hoping that the boys will play out of their skins and we'll jag a win.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
After listening to Malthouse explain what is expected of Waite and Garlett before they can expect a recall, Watson is named as an emergency  ::)  What did he do to deserve a spot in our best available 25 and who in the Swans could he play on?

Wouldn't it be refreshing if our coach actually explained what he was planning?

I can understand the lack of pre-game discussion; we're on a hiding to nothing, our list is apparently crape but we won't try youngsters, and we're all hoping that the boys will play out of their skins and we'll jag a win.

How many other coaches outline what they are planning?
He has sent a message to Waite and Garlett and rightly so. If he's any more depth I am sure a few others would receive a similar rocket.

It's not a social welfare group, we need to toughen a few sooks up

Reply #29
Nah he's a hypocrite. He applies double standards to almost everything.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!