Skip to main content
Topic: Blues vs. Sydney in Sydney: Pre Match Prognostications (Read 13516 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues vs. Sydney in Sydney: Pre Match Prognostications

Reply #30
Nah he's a hypocrite. He applies double standards to almost everything.

If he is, and he flushes out some weak players I don't care. The club has been held to ransom by soft, crap players, with inflated opinions of their value for 13 years. Do you really think Clarkson is a super star coach or does he have great players with the right attitude at his disposal?

Reply #31
I think it's a mix of both but I have no doubt whatsoever that the message from Clarkson remains consistent, no matter who or what he's dealing with, whether it be in the media or behind closed doors. Double standards simply do not work, never have and never will.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
With the way we have been playing, assuming we keep it up, the team we have selected, and the way the Swans play, this game if it is in a bit of rain could break the AFL tackle count!  ;)

Does anyone know what the record is, I think it was Port and Ninthmond?

It will be interesting to see how we go against them in the absence of Mumford, also in the absence of Kreuzer who usually does well playing the Swans.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
I can see us winning this one actually.

Stop stressing me out Thry  :)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #34
I can see us winning this one actually.  Don't ask me why, it's not logical, it just matches the rampant schizophrenia that follows our football club.

We will give it a shake anyway.  not that it matters.

If we win I shall eat my scarf for dinner without holding anyone accountable.

If we win it ill be extremely disappointing, this is a must lose game - non intentional but in the grand scheme of things.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #35
@DU - lose, not loose mate.

As in 'Brazil's defence was loose to non existent.'   :P

Back on topic, we will probably lose by 5-6 goals, with us playing 'ok' and the Swans relaxing & playing below their usual level. Seems to be the way of late for us when up against the better sides in the comp.

Hoping its on fta here in SA, but won't be shattered if its not televised.

Reply #36
@DU - lose, not loose mate.

As in 'Brazil's defence was loose to non existent.'   :P

Back on topic, we will probably lose by 5-6 goals, with us playing 'ok' and the Swans relaxing & playing below their usual level. Seems to be the way of late for us when up against the better sides in the comp.

Hoping its on fta here in SA, but won't be shattered if its not televised.

your right Raven, my apologies, my Iphone likes the word loose.  :)

― Mark Twain

Reply #37
Go Swans

― Mark Twain

Reply #38
Go Swans
Yeah barracking for draft picks really worked well for us a decade ago, didn't it?  :-\

I would LOVE to see us win, it would make my weekend!

Reply #39
Swans by 55 points

Reply #40
I sniff a possible surprise in the air, put it this way, I don't think we'll get a spanking. ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
I sniff a possible surprise in the air, put it this way, I don't think we'll get a spanking. ;)

I'm with you and 3 Leos, Fluffy Biscuit. I fully expect us to make a good account of ourselves.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #42
Go Swans
Yeah barracking for draft picks really worked well for us a decade ago, didn't it?  :-\

I'm with you. High draft picks are great, but every time Carlton run out I want to see them win.

Reply #43
Go Swans

I'm with you. High draft picks are great, but every time Carlton run out I want to see them win.

Ditto.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
Go Swans

Ditto.

Double ditto. Hate tanking with a passion.