Skip to main content
Topic: Covering Our Forwards (Read 14275 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Covering Our Forwards

Reply #30
I agree but we can't have Levi as an only target in the forward 50m.

That would be a recipe for disaster Mantis.  We definitely need three competitive tall forwards, not to mention the small forwards and contributions from the midfield, rucks and halfbacks.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31

That would be a recipe for disaster Mantis.  We definitely need three competitive tall forwards, not to mention the small forwards and contributions from the midfield, rucks and halfbacks.

Nail, hammer, head DJC. If the mids, rucks and and some of the half backs don't contribute along with the small forwards we will be too one dimensional indeed. We can't afford to break Levi and or Henderson by making them carry us. it is a recipe for disaster for certain. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
How is the opposition going to know who to cover when we don't even know who is going to kick our goals ourselves?!!

An even spread is probably our best hope for success. I have faith that those needed to step up, even some unproven ones will do a good job for us.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #33

Levi is definitely not a stay at home forward. Needs to be rotated up the ground to provide a competitive target in the vain of Nick Reiwoldt that can orchestrate a forward attack taking contested grabs between half back and half forward. I'd prefer Hendo to stay put up forward with Jones as a potential accomplice alongside Menzel, Gibbs as a HF flanker, Walker and maybe Tutt.
IN WADA WE TRUST