Skip to main content
Topic: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter (Read 32571 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter

Reply #90
Depends on the players mental abilities to want to be an AFL footballer.....Walsh wants it more than Watto IMO....reckon he can handle it.
SOS had ten kicked on him by Plugger.....probably learned plenty that day....

I don't think you can compare that Carlton vs this Carlton.

FYI, I think Whiley was given an education by Pendlebury too, but the only thing that changes is what we think of it, which is a point I was trying to make.

Thank you for helping me make it.

The main difference between educating, and hurting is the support team around them.  I reckon there is not much learning going on in a team like ours where most of the onus is literally to survive 4 quarters without bleeding too heavily.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
Anything under a 138 point loss should be considered a win.

Reply #92
I literally want to find out whether or not people think its the right or wrong thing to do.

Again, I am only interested in the betterment of our footy club.

If Walsh will benefit immensely by being smashed by Hawthorn this weekend, then Im all for it.
If his confidence will be shot, and the rest of the arguments trotted out against Whiley are repeated, then I am completely against it.

Based on last weekend (which I saw) and of Walsh's current AFL level performances, of my two outcomes, the latter looks more likely (to me) and that has more to do with the way Hawthorn are performing and the way we are competing that is making that decision for me.

We are not likely to win.
We are likely to lose, and we are likely to lose heavily.  Will Walsh benefit??

Of course he will every game of football will improve him and it doesn't really matter any more anyway, after 8 years of service I'm happy for Ellard to get one more game with his mates.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #94
Carlton players get in a drunken scuffle, the media cry that it is a disgrace and the players must be punished and they are promptly traded.

The Hawthorn captain allegedly gets done for drink driving the week before finals and Hawthorn say it's nothing to with them and the media say fair enough!

HAWTHORN premiership captain Luke Hodge has been caught drink-driving only days from the AFL finals series.

The Herald Sun understands Hodge had several beers at a social function on Thursday night then was stopped by police driving home.

Hodge was already suspended until Hawthorn’s first final after a two-match ban for high contact on Port Adelaide’s Chad Wingard.

He has been fined $450 and lost 10 demerit points after blowing 0.068 in an embarrassing incident for one of the AFL’s stars.

The 31-year-old All-Australian will not be punished further by the Hawks after alerting the club immediately and co-operating with police.

It is understood Hodge believed he would be comfortably under the limit given he had stopped drinking some time before getting behind the wheel.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
Carlton players get in a drunken scuffle, the media cry that it is a disgrace and the players must be punished and they are promptly traded.

The Hawthorn captain allegedly gets done for drink driving the week before finals and Hawthorn say it's nothing to with them and the media say fair enough!

A courageous driver and top bloke who walks that line between sober and drunk frequently, but definitely never intentionally drunk. I reckon he should get off with a fine!

Meanwhile, Hodge just signed his death warrant.  The AFL are running out of tall poppy's to try and cut down, and they now have an excuse to go after him.  Lets see if the poo and wee discount will still apply at the tribunal from now on.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #96
A courageous driver and top bloke who walks that line between sober and drunk frequently, but definitely never intentionally drunk. I reckon he should get off with a fine!

I agree, he never intended to kill anyone, it would have been an accident if it had happened!

A warning should suffice!

If only the world had more drink drivers like Luke, the courts would be far less busy! ;)

The Force Awakens!

Reply #97

Hypocrisy: That is the word to describe this.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #98
Actually TBF, the penalty for first offence drink drivers under .07 is a fine and 10 demerit points.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #99
ONLY A LITTLE BIT OVER !

::) Bloody idiot.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #100
ONLY A LITTLE BIT OVER !

::) Bloody idiot.

The breath tester must have been on a funny angle causing the reading to appear high! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
I literally want to find out whether or not people think its the right or wrong thing to do.

Again, I am only interested in the betterment of our footy club.

If Walsh will benefit immensely by being smashed by Hawthorn this weekend, then Im all for it.
If his confidence will be shot, and the rest of the arguments trotted out against Whiley are repeated, then I am completely against it.

Based on last weekend (which I saw) and of Walsh's current AFL level performances, of my two outcomes, the latter looks more likely (to me) and that has more to do with the way Hawthorn are performing and the way we are competing that is making that decision for me.

We are not likely to win.
We are likely to lose, and we are likely to lose heavily.  Will Walsh benefit??

Pagan lined Walker up on the best opposition players in his first two seasons, Goodes, Ricciuto, Buckley, the lot, but Walker is a different kettle of fish to Walsh.
No one knows whether Walsh will play more than a handful of games at this stage, I'd be inclined to leave it up to the coach and match committee.
There's no point playing young blokes just for the sake of it.
On another note, thanks for the effort Davey Ellard, you won't die wondering.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #102
Anything under a 138 point loss should be considered a win.

Get used to it. Next year with 50% of our team U22, 138+ is going to be a weekly occurrence.

Reply #104

2 weeks after his club saw first hand the tragedy that can occur if you play with the law on the roads. I know 1 assistant coach who wouldn't give him much sympathy.