Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting; Round 1: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 13898 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting; Round 1: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
Cruzey, didn't put his body on the line.
7 tackles begs to differ.
And he only looked cruzey because he ran his arse off to get time & space.

Never said he didn't do anything, I said he needed to more and more often. :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
Never said he didn't do anything, I said he needed to more and more often. :o

He was extremely soft on numerous occasions. No passengers.

5 - Cripps

5 - Murphy

3 - Weitering

2 - Graham

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Team D

6: Murphy
4: Cripps
2: Simpson
1: Weitering
1: Wright
1: Docherty

Reply #18
People rating the performance with a 'D'.......FMD, are you serious? Based on that, I'm guessing a win would only rate maybe a 'B' at best?

Staggering appraisal and more than a tad absurd to be honest.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #19
People rating the performance with a 'D'.......FMD, are you serious? Based on that, I'm guessing a win would only rate maybe a 'B' at best?

Staggering appraisal and more than a tad absurd to be honest.

I am serious and I dont see its as absurd..I usually rate a loss as a E.......I understand most would see last night as a honorable loss but I was disappointed as I see the Tigers as crap
and thought we should have won the game.
I am not about to give bouquet's to a team that misses easy goals that had the same players making the same mistakes when it counted......the difference from E to D was based around the excellent game from the likes of Weitering etc , continued great form of Cripps and handy contrubutions from newbies like Kerrdge, Wright, Philips...plenty to like but at the end we got knocked over by the likes of Lambert, Lloyd etc...you happy with that and want to give A+ for losing to the Tigers 3rd string players?

Reply #20
Team A-

8 Bolton
2 Cripps
2 Murphy
1 Weitering
1 Boekhorst
1 Docherty
Sorry, but I can't accept the coach, no matter how good a job he did.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
Team B-

3 - Cripps

3 - Kreuzer

3 - Murphy

2 - Gibbs

2 - Wright

1 - Phillips

1 - Weitering

Honourable mentions: Graham, Simpson, Docherty and Kerridge (would have been in the better players had it not been for his lack of 'clean hands').

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Team C

Cripps 3
Murphy 3
Docherty 2
Gibbs 2
Kruezer 2
Wright 1
Phillips 1
Boekhorst 1

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
Team:   C+
Yes, we lost, but we probably deserved to win. We played 3 distinctly better quarters than Richmond and had the better players on the night.
I liked our new game plan.

Votes:
[3]   Gibbs
[2.5]   Murphy
[2.5]   Cripps
[2]   Docherty
[1.5]   Simpson
[1]   Weitering
[0.5]   Kerridge
[0.5]   Rowe
[0.5]   Graham
[0.5]   Tuohy
[0.5]   Phillips

Explanations:
[3]   Gibbs:   Just got the 3 votes. His ability to kick to a man surrounded by players and hit the target was probably the difference. He had 7 tackles and ran hard.
[2.5]   Murphy:   Good effort from the Captain, with lots of ball and very few turnovers.
[2.5]   Cripps:   His ability to make the play was excellent.
[2]   Docherty:   Lots of hard running: he played in a way that suited our game plan perfectly.
[1.5]   Simpson:   Strong and steady across half back.
[1]   Weitering:   1st game? No worries! Just take a few fine marks and get 17 possessions.
[0.5]   Kerridge:   Not as good as he has been, but a useful contributor. He mucked up several kicks that were costly in the end.
[0.5]   Rowe:   Played pretty well in defence and can be happy with his effort, in all except that his man kicked goals with his few touches.
[0.5]   Graham:   Not quite as good as he was last year, but solid and dangerous.
[0.5]   Tuohy:   A solid and hard running game.
[0.5]   Phillips:   Showed something in the ruck and managed a goal. His ability to beat Hampson in the middle was crucial. He really showed a bit.

Honourable Mentions:
Wright:   His goals were excellent, but he didn’t a lot otherwise. Still, a start he can work on.
Casboult: Had he been able to convert, he would have been the difference between victory and defeat. He was the only forward on the ground who marked consistently, but he couldn’t hit the side of a barn.
Boekhorst:   Almost vote – worthy. Not quite as good as last time (against Sydney), but so much better than anything he did last year.
Curnow:   Worked hard and did a fine job.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
5 Murphy
4 Gibbs
3 Wright
2 Cripps
1 Docherty

Reply #25
I am serious and I dont see its as absurd..I usually rate a loss as a E.......I understand most would see last night as a honorable loss but I was disappointed as I see the Tigers as crap
and thought we should have won the game.
I am not about to give bouquet's to a team that misses easy goals that had the same players making the same mistakes when it counted......the difference from E to D was based around the excellent game from the likes of Weitering etc , continued great form of Cripps and handy contrubutions from newbies like Kerrdge, Wright, Philips...plenty to like but at the end we got knocked over by the likes of Lambert, Lloyd etc...you happy with that and want to give A+ for losing to the Tigers 3rd string players?

If we are grading based on our current list and where our club is, then a D is harsh.  However if we are grading them on where we want them to be, that's different. If the hawks were playing last night and came away with the same result a D or E would be a correct mark.

I grade them on where our club is at the moment otherwise it has little meaning IMO and you might as well pencil in D and E every week this season.

Reply #26
.......you happy with that and want to give A+ for losing to the Tigers 3rd string players?
Well, at least you didn't over-exaggerate in justifying your still absurd 'D'  ::) , as I don't see any A+'s in this thread and just because you think the Tigers are crap doesn't mean they are does it? They may well be, but way too early to make that call.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #27
Well, at least you didn't over-exaggerate in justifying your still absurd 'D'  ::) , as I don't see any A+'s in this thread and just because you think the Tigers are crap doesn't mean they are does it? They may well be, but way too early to make that call.

I based the D on what I saw and what I saw was slightly better than last season only and that was from several of our new players who gave me some hope but if you watched the game you would see.......same players still cant kick, same disposal errors, same tackles missed, same mistakes being made by kicking across the ground and having the ball picked off, same players still not contesting in the proper manner, if you are satisfied by being done over by Lambert, Lloyd, Townsend...watching Boekhorst and Everitt pull the handbrake on when they thought they would get hit then you are in for a very enjoyable season and you will be able to pull that B+ out each week...

Reply #28
As and Bs for a loss to an undermanned opposition? Folk must really be starved of success!

Anyway, I was under the impression that there wasn't to be any discussion of votes or team ratings.  If people want to be overly generous and dish out extravagant ratings for losing a game we should have won, then go right ahead.  I won't lose sleep over it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Team B

3 - Murphy
2 - Cripps
2 - Gibbs
1 - Kerridge
1 - Wright
1 - Graham
1 - Docherty
1 - Simpson
1 - Curnow