Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Rd 1: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne (Read 13854 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Rd 1: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne

Reply #45
I wouldn't call them dead men walking yet: they DO have some chance of resurrecting their careers with us. However, they would be in the terminal ward. As for their chances, I would prefer to bet on tattslotto.
Graham is a great VFL player, but that yard of pace and the extra body strength makes a huge difference at senior level.
Jaksch may get a game if we have a few injuries. But he needs more fire in his game.
Jones: maybe if we had the AFL's top midfield Jones would look OK. But we don't.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
I wouldn't call them dead men walking yet: they DO have some chance of resurrecting their careers with us. However, they would be in the terminal ward. As for their chances, I would prefer to bet on tattslotto.
Graham is a great VFL player, but that yard of pace and the extra body strength makes a huge difference at senior level.
Jaksch may get a game if we have a few injuries. But he needs more fire in his game.
Jones: maybe if we had the AFL's top midfield Jones would look OK. But we don't.

Nice summary, Captain Crash. Very much agree, especially re Jones.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47
Cookie NG (along with KJ perhaps and Jones) are dead men walking. They have no future on our list, you saw the future on Sunday v the Cheating Scum and there are plenty of other newbies to look at before we go back to the ones who have provide zero at senior level. They wouldnt get a game on any other AFL list, we shouldnt waste any more time on them.

I tend to agree GTC. I just wonder if the club may want to make 110% sure? I.e. not die wondering?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Am I hearing that both Polson and Williamson can kick both sides?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #49

I don't know about Polson but Williamson is very good with his right boot.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50

I saw Polson use both feet in the last NB's game unlike Nick Graham who went backwards at times so he could use his right boot but if he had a left he
could have hit up a target further ahead and moved the ball quicker...

Reply #51

Clint Eastwood in  " A fistfull of dollars" would be ordering three more coffins... ;)

Reply #52
i think Graham could make it if given a regular run....likes a goal too.

To suggest he isn't strong enough is silly, ditto his speed (he certainly is quicker than Mitchell for example).

i think it's his mind - he always overthinking it when he gets a senor gig - probably too worried/focused on getting dropped....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
i think Graham could make it if given a regular run....likes a goal too.

To suggest he isn't strong enough is silly, ditto his speed (he certainly is quicker than Mitchell for example).

i think it's his mind - he always overthinking it when he gets a senor gig - probably too worried/focused on getting dropped....

It's not thinking quickly enough rather than overthinking.  Taking that bit of extra time to avoid using his left foot doesn't help either.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball