Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 4709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 20 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
Levi assumed the Essendon guy was giving the handball off so went to the receiving player. He's not a very committed chaser in general though.

Kreuzer's game was another ripper. AFL team of the week gave Jacobs the ruck spot though.

They had similar stats but MK had way more clearances and tackles. SJ kicked 2 goals to MK 1.

Reply #16
I haven't posted on this thread yet, so I'm doing more than 1 this time, just to make up for it...

Pickett needs a mandate to get fitter and get more possies and tackles.  He's coming off a pretty poor base fitness and games wise.  If he does step up, then he could be quite speeeecial...

When Lamb & Sumner came along I reckoned we'd keep the best 1 of the pair.  It looks like Lamb to me.  He got really involved there during the fight back.  Even though he only had 11 possies, most of them were very good, and hit targets in the forward line.  Another one who just needs to get a few more possies and tackles.  I think he's a fair chance of a 1 year extension.

Boekhorst gets half a green shoot.  5 tackles and 14 possies.  He also just needs to get a little more involved and he'll be an ok depth midfielder.  I think he's a fair chance of a 1 year extension.

Weiters - 20 possies and 7 marks.  Made a few little stuff ups, but fantastic to see him getting back into it.  We can blame the move to the forward line for his speed hump, but I reckon he started dropping off mid way last year when he injured his shoulder, and has been on the decline since then.  I'm happy to call it 2nd year blues.  He'll be better than ok, and I still think he could be a valuable swing man.  Some people have valid reasons why maybe he shouldn't be a swinger, but it really does improve our team if he can be.

Reply #17
Pickett needs to be left in the team.

Easiest thing in the world after a loss is to drop the small forward stuck in starvation corner.

He is pretty much the quickest player in the league and the game style we desperately need some attacking threats - speed is one we definitely do not have.

Reply #18

Easiest thing in the world after a loss is to drop the small forward stuck in starvation corner.

apart from a flash here and a flash there he was pretty ordinary earlier in the season..... maybe someone has given him a kick up the bum...... whatever it is as long as he has a crack keep him in.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #19

He is pretty much the quickest player in the league and the game style we desperately need some attacking threats - speed is one we definitely do not have.

x2...Happy to keep playing Pickett, he has talent and a touch of flair we lost with Betts, Garlett and Yarran leaving...

Reply #20
x2...Happy to keep playing Pickett, he has talent and a touch of flair we lost with Betts, Garlett and Yarran leaving...

maybe he has confidence issues, partly due to the ongoing injury problems at GWS?

At his best, or close to, this guy will be a gun.
Finals, then 4 in a row!