Skip to main content
Topic: Is Chris Judd still our best player? (Read 16058 times) previous topic - next topic

Is Chris Judd still our best player?

A lot of talk about him being on the slide but I still think he's clearly our best player. Is it a problem that Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer and Yarran haven't taken that next step?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Is Chris Judd still our best player?

Reply #1
There is absolutely no doubt that he's still our best player but the saddest thing is that, even though he's undoubtedly slowing down and is approaching 30, he still the closest thing we have to being a complete footballer.

We need a hell of a lot of work in a lot of areas!
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #2
At his best Murphy is a contender, unfortunately there is daylight to the next nomination...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
Chris Judd is our best player I agree, but he is also one of the best in the competition still.
He is an extraordinary player, whose best is better than most than maybe 1 other in the competiton (Ablett).
We should not be so hard on the others.
The problem at Carlton has always been developmental.

Reply #4
C.Judd 3 Votes.

Still our best player and that is a worry. Murphy I think has been weighed down by the captaincy and is not a strong leader. For mine I thought it should have been Carrazzo.

Reply #5
Sadly yes he is. Would like to see him at this point of his career play predominantly forward with the odd run on the ball. Thats simply not possible with the lack of development in our list
Eat more chooks

Reply #6
Even though he isn't the player he once was, his application & professionalism cannot be faulted. He also commands a solid tag from the opposition which suggests they know he is still very dangerous too. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #7
Even though he isn't the player he once was, his application & professionalism cannot be faulted. He also commands a solid tag from the opposition which suggests they know he is still very dangerous too.

Yeah I think that's very true. I haven't seen a game recently where Judd wasn't tagged.

Reply #8
He is easily our best player

Reply #9
I'd definitely have him as first picked each week.

Reply #10
Hardest trier without a doubt. Most talented players are Murphy and Yarran by far. Judd still wins plenty of ball but butchers it and beta a free reign defensively whilst others are criticised for not doing the defensive things.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
Tambling was talented, Yarran has a long long way to go.

Murphy looked set to take over as our number 1 but he hasn't been the same player since the Dangerfield hit last year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
Tambling was talented, Yarran has a long long way to go.

Tambling showed glimpses but I think Yarran has delivered more in his short career - long way to go though.

Murphy looked set to take over as our number 1 but he hasn't been the same player since the Dangerfield hit last year.

Do you think the Captaincy is weighing him down? Should have been Carrazzo I thought.

Reply #13
100% agree with this....

Judd is so far ahead of the rest in this team, it's a major concern.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #14

Judd is so far ahead of the rest in this team, it's a major concern.

It's actually depressing when you think about it. What the hell has happened to them? It's the culture and it's been festering for some time.