Skip to main content
Topic: Give Me Something Positive!!! (Read 14011 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Me Something Positive!!!

Reply #15
So I'm asking.... Please.... Just give me something positive that I can hold onto.

Most of the people on this site no nothing about football?  :o :P

Would be more credible if you spelled 'know' correctly. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
Speaking of father sons, Buckley Im thinking once he gets his opportunity, will take it. Really like the look of him. Its taken him 2 years to put on some size, but I reckon he will cement a spot by years end.  
With Buckley, Walker, 2E, Simpson, Yarran, Army, Garlett, Daisy, Everitt  and Docherty, our list has some serious pace in it. 

Reply #17
We lost rd 1 last year and played a lot worse and we beat the same side in September.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Round last year we came home hard, this year we have it up. Big difference IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
So I'm asking.... Please.... Just give me something positive that I can hold onto.

Most of the people on this site no nothing about football?  :o :P

Would be more credible if you spelled 'know' correctly. :P

lol

Just proving my own point...i think...and its not restricted to football  :-[

Reply #21
Does anyone think that maybe the pre season the boys had this year has them a bit flat for the start of the year.  Brock said it was clearly the hardest pre season he has ever done both mentally and physically. He said he went mentally to places he'd never been before.
We got Buttifant from Collingwood.. It would be interesting to see how the Collingwood  players pulled up after their first Arizona trip under Buttifant.

Just as a side note, I remember Shane Crawford saying that the walk from Adelaide to Melbourne, and the ride from Melbourne to Perth he did, took him months to recover from as it was very mentally and physically draining. Now I know He was not in AFL shape, but he was generally a fit guy..  Maybe this pre season is having a bit of a lagging effect on our team seeing that a lot of surgeries were had and it was a very draining pre season. I have confidence it will benefit us as the season goes on.  

Reply #22
All the excuses in the world can't mask the fact that we gave it up....again.

I admire your stance Jamie, good on you. Unfortunately I'm still coming to terms with our premiership window being slammed firmly shut.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Does anyone think that maybe the pre season the boys had this year has them a bit flat for the start of the year.  Brock said it was clearly the hardest pre season he has ever done both mentally and physically. He said he went mentally to places he'd never been before.
We got Buttifant from Collingwood.. It would be interesting to see how the Collingwood  players pulled up after their first Arizona trip under Buttifant.

Just as a side note, I remember Shane Crawford saying that the walk from Adelaide to Melbourne, and the ride from Melbourne to Perth he did, took him months to recover from as it was very mentally and physically draining. Now I know He was not in AFL shape, but he was generally a fit guy..  Maybe this pre season is having a bit of a lagging effect on our team seeing that a lot of surgeries were had and it was a very draining pre season. I have confidence it will benefit us as the season goes on.

Yes, those that have completed a full pre-season will show the benefits as the year progresses, but the players who've had restricted pre-seasons are likely to be playing catch-up because they won't have  the fitness base on which to build.

Reply #26

I admire your stance Jamie, good on you. Unfortunately I'm still coming to terms with our premiership window being slammed firmly shut.

Look back to Port 2 years ago when Primus was in charge... They were forked. They had to put advertising over seats as no one was turning up, their list was seen as crapehouse, and they were in debt up to their eyeballs. Im sure many said their premiership window had been slammed shut for the next 10-15 years.
Now look at them.
Things can turn very quick mate. We all know that about footy. We dont know who might come on this year and take the next step.. 
There's a lot to like about Cripps, Buckley, Graham, Menzel etc..
Players like Ellard I think will take the next step providing he can stay on the park. Curnow has come on in leaps and bounds, and Brock has improved in the last 2 years. IMO Murphy has his best in front of him and Daisy is capable of hitting his best form again. If Gibbs goes then we get another one to replace him.. If he stays then he also has his best in front of him.
I think losing Scotto, Carrots and Judd in the next few years wont be that drastic. It will free up money and it also cuts the average age of our list dramatically whilst giving others a chance to perform in those roles..
We know Hendo is A grade, and Jamo is a decent back when on the field. Its the forward line we have to get right. Whether it be Hendo to go forward (then we need to get a key back ie Frawley), or we poach one of the GWS star forwards..  I then believe we are in contention again.

I never thought a premiership was coming in 2014, but I certainly dont agree our window has shut long term.  I dont think we are that far away. But the thing is making top four, making top eight, or being out of the 8 can boil down to 1-3 wins.  Luck is involved with injuries etc, but I just dont think we are miles away like you suggest.
Mick will cull again at years end and mould the team he wants. Atleast we know the people left are ones who want to play for him. That was a massive part of Collingwoods success. They all bought into him and all played for him.  We haven't had a coach like that since Parkin/Brittain.  I just think he needs to be given his chance.

Reply #27

Stay positive P2C, accepting one window is closed or fast closing,  although painful, prevents any further wasted time in taking steps to open the next one. We'll get back up there. eventualy.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #28

Look back to Port 2 years ago when Primus was in charge... They were forked. They had to put advertising over seats as no one was turning up, their list was seen as crapehouse, and they were in debt up to their eyeballs. Im sure many said their premiership window had been slammed shut for the next 10-15 years.
Now look at them.
Things can turn very quick mate. We all know that about footy. We dont know who might come on this year and take the next step.. 
There's a lot to like about Cripps, Buckley, Graham, Menzel etc..
Players like Ellard I think will take the next step providing he can stay on the park. Curnow has come on in leaps and bounds, and Brock has improved in the last 2 years. IMO Murphy has his best in front of him and Daisy is capable of hitting his best form again. If Gibbs goes then we get another one to replace him.. If he stays then he also has his best in front of him.
I think losing Scotto, Carrots and Judd in the next few years wont be that drastic. It will free up money and it also cuts the average age of our list dramatically whilst giving others a chance to perform in those roles..
We know Hendo is A grade, and Jamo is a decent back when on the field. Its the forward line we have to get right. Whether it be Hendo to go forward (then we need to get a key back ie Frawley), or we poach one of the GWS star forwards..  I then believe we are in contention again.

I never thought a premiership was coming in 2014, but I certainly dont agree our window has shut long term.  I dont think we are that far away. But the thing is making top four, making top eight, or being out of the 8 can boil down to 1-3 wins.  Luck is involved with injuries etc, but I just dont think we are miles away like you suggest.
Mick will cull again at years end and mould the team he wants. Atleast we know the people left are ones who want to play for him. That was a massive part of Collingwoods success. They all bought into him and all played for him.  We haven't had a coach like that since Parkin/Brittain.  I just think he needs to be given his chance.

I like your enthusiasm, but the gets you mention have been glaringly obvious to all here for years - these types have been overlooked time and time again
to our detriment. Frustration is we got to within a bees d1ck of a prelim, and that's it.

Reply #29
A positive...
Port Adelaide may win the flag this year. We dominated them for 1/4, matched it with them for 3/4.