Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427865 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2700
The new strains are more virulent and have higher mortality.  The current vaccines already have diminished effectiveness.  This is not getting better people.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2701
If you want to open up then the reality is you have Covid in the community and learn to live with it, the vaccine magic wand needs more research/testing before you can wave it and expect magical results.
It never stops @ElwoodBlues1‍ , it has to evolve like the virus.

The problem is the Influenza isn't as virulent at least for the current strains, so you only need a portion of the population inoculated to break the chain, COVID is far more virulent and deadly, so it needs a much higher percentage inoculated.

Long term it will be a mix of inoculation and treatment, it was always going to be that way just like any other virus, not everybody can be vaccinated regardless of which vaccine is used. The problem at the moment is the very best treatments are barely effective and also ridiculously expensive. Nobody is going to opt for the $10K+ treatments when they can issue $30 vaccines!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2702
The vaccines need to be a one off shot that has an effective span in years not months, you cant be opening up borders based on the expectation 90% of the people will rock up for covid shots every year.
If you want to open up then the reality is you have Covid in the community and learn to live with it, the vaccine magic wand needs more research/testing before you can wave it and expect magical results. Been a great effort to get vaccines up to the level they are in 7-12 months but its not the panacea of cures that it was painted out to be and ScoMo looks looks like he knows it and has thrown in the towel.

Aren’t you the bloke who keeps worrying about the poor herd members who get cut if we take the vaccine...?
And here you are pushing them to the frontline... 🤷🏼‍♂️
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #2703
Aren’t you the bloke who keeps worrying about the poor herd members who get cut if we take the vaccine...?
And here you are pushing them to the frontline... 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm the bloke who wants proven vaccines that have been tested properly before they are forced upon us and that are fully effective not partially effective.
I'm the bloke who wants the borders shut till we have all the above.
I'm the bloke who is pro vaccine but not pro using herd members as guinea pigs and I'm not pushing anyone. I'm just saying when a complete effective vaccine is available it needs to be a one dose shot that is good for years not months. I wouldn't push you or anyone else into what's on offer at the minute especially without a thorough analysis of your individual health status.
If your happy to test on the run and believe you will get 90% take up every year from the population  then good luck to you..

Reply #2704
I'll repeat what I said about the young lady who passed away.  Diabetic and no doubt, high blood sugars. BAD mix

Reply #2705
I'll repeat what I said about the young lady who passed away.  Diabetic and no doubt, high blood sugars. BAD mix
I agree but where was her medical advice if she is in a high risk group?

Reply #2706
I agree but where was her medical advice if she is in a high risk group?

They should have asked prior.  No certified and credentialed certificate, no jab.

And witnessing even that, a finger blood check on the spot to see how high she was running.  And a BP test. 

Reply #2708
Something is not adding-up about this ladies death to me.

I had my first jab 12 days ago and had to fill out a form with a lot of health questions, including diabetic stuff.

If diabetes is a big problem surely she shouldn't have had the jab. Most other illnesses were included too.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #2709
@sandsmere ... diabetes (if well controlled levels are evident, much like someone without that condition, which by the way is indeed possible) is not an issue.  If it is uncontrolled with out of range blood sugars, that's when caution / stop is necessary.  Same rules apply to operations.  Surgeons won't touch you unless your last bloods are deemed acceptable.

All that to one side, they said she had underlying conditions (plural) but again, that's possible with diabetics, especially those that need insulin.

Reply #2710
Something is not adding-up about this ladies death to me.

I had my first jab 12 days ago and had to fill out a form with a lot of health questions, including diabetic stuff.

If diabetes is a big problem surely she shouldn't have had the jab. Most other illnesses were included too.
Are there different rules in different states, I know in Vic the consent forms are all locally produced?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2711
All that to one side, they said she had underlying conditions (plural) but again, that's possible with diabetics, especially those that need insulin.
I can't help but worry people are not taking this seriously, they too quickly blamed AstraZeneca simply because they can and they wanted to, because it's the lazy way out of the curly situation, without accepting the complexity of the root causes.

Reminds me of when Italian media blamed Mattia from Unilever for the whole pandemic.

Queensland Health officials are on high-alert after a man was rushed to hospital with clots just days after receiving the Pfizer vaccine.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2712
This probably belongs in the Navy Andrew thread but there are reports of Health Minister Greg Hunt meeting with Essendon Football Club for advice on getting the vaccination roll out back on track.

;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2713
This probably belongs in the Navy Andrew thread but there are reports of Health Minister Greg Hunt meeting with Essendon Football Club for advice on getting the vaccination roll out back on track.

;)

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make an Essendon joke. i was expecting them a lot sooner.

Reply #2714

;)
I thought you were going to report that CheatsFC had offered to cover the states shortage of syringes, good public citizens that they are!

Aren't CheatsFC sponsored by Terumo?
The Force Awakens!