Skip to main content
Topic: New dog (Read 23992 times) previous topic - next topic

New dog

Some of you may know that we have left Box Hill for the open spaces of the Bellarine Peninsula.  We need a couple of dogs to share our property and here's the first; a 16 week old Staghound called Nix.

[/img][/img]
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: New dog

Reply #1
Nice DJ...not quite a German Shepherd though(i'm biased) ;) but a very fine furry companion to be ...everyone home needs a furry friend to make it a home.

Reply #2
What a cutie, congrats DJC :)

Dogs are so much better than people. My boy is cozying up to me on the bed as we speak, it's scary outside with the rain and such  ;)

Reply #4
Nice looking dog!

Should assist with keeping those marauding stags at bay DJC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
What a cutie, congrats DJC :)

Dogs are so much better than people. My boy is cozying up to me on the bed as we speak, it's scary outside with the rain and such  ;)

I've always wondered why people decided to call bad people dogs.

Dogs are generally loyal, lovable companions who would happily sacrifice themselves for their owners.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Aaawwww, what a cutie, David. And, yep, a home aint a home without a furry critter or 3 keeping an eye on things.

We're now doing exactly the same thing, moving out of the city to a more relaxed country area, and the first thing I do when checking out any potential new home is to check out the fencing!

Good luck, mate. We're off to check out Ridgeback breeders in two weeks... love ridgys. And what does Mrs Baggers want as a companion to the ridgy? A Wolfhound  :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
I haven't been able to have a pooch for a couple of years because of my job and where I live , but that's changing in the next two weeks .

My old dog (who wasn't really mine but I looked after it for 3 years)  looks to be settled where she is so might wander down and get myself a rescue hound from the shelter or a greyhound.

Can't wait!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #8
Can't go past a Border Collie  :)
Had a Black and White one, awesome loyal dog.
Now have a Chocolate and White.
So easy to train and will do anything you want and great with the kids.
Good Luck DJC yours looks a beauty.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
I've always wondered why people decided to call bad people dogs.

Dogs are generally loyal, lovable companions who would happily sacrifice themselves for their owners.

x2 Couldnt agree more...

Reply #10
Can't go past a Border Collie  :)
Had a Black and White one, awesome loyal dog.
Now have a Chocolate and White.
So easy to train and will do anything you want and great with the kids.
Good Luck DJC yours looks a beauty.

Reply #11
might wander down and get myself a rescue hound from the shelter or a greyhound.

Can't wait!!

Good on you Cimm. My wife and I have been fostering greyhounds for the last 10 years for the Greyhound adoption program. They are an incredible breed. We adopted one last year after our Border Collie died. There also plenty of other breed specific rescue groups out there as well as the pound. Enjoy.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #13
I haven't been able to have a pooch for a couple of years because of my job and where I live , but that's changing in the next two weeks .

My old dog (who wasn't really mine but I looked after it for 3 years)  looks to be settled where she is so might wander down and get myself a rescue hound from the shelter or a greyhound.

Can't wait!!

Nix is a rescue dog.  There are so many great dogs looking for homes.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14

Can't wait!!

He's so cute!