Skip to main content
Topic: Mayweather v McGregor (Read 3007 times) previous topic - next topic

Mayweather v McGregor

After 4 rounds McGreggor is on top early. Seemingly by reports won 3 or all 4 of them.

Re: Mayweather v McGreggor

Reply #1
Mayweather won the next two rounds. It's some fight.

Reply #2
8 rounds, very tight contest.

Reply #3
Round 9, another Mayweather round as he is getting on top of a very tired opponent.

EDIT: Mayweather wins TKO 10.

Reply #4
Total exhaustion beat McGreggor in the end. In the 8th his legs buckled with Mayweather no-where near him. He took a number off rounds of Mayweather but the latter was on top by the end.

Reply #5
A Boxer vs a Slugger......the slugger had to win by KO early as he was never going to go the distance with an old pro like Mayweather who picked him off at the end..
Reminded me of the Mundine/Green fights...

Reply #6
A Boxer vs a Slugger......the slugger had to win by KO early as he was never going to go the distance with an old pro like Mayweather who picked him off at the end..
Reminded me of the Mundine/Green fights...

Going 36 minutes was always going to be McGreggor's achilles heel.

Reply #7
Just watched the replay on You Tube. Never one to take American boxing judges that serious as we know what can happen. I'm not convinced Mayweather should've been in front. McGregor gave a very good account of himself. According to the stats he landed 30 more punched on Mayweather than Pacquiao did.

Reply #8
Mayweather gave the first 3 rounds away then beat the crap out of him. Fight was a farce.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #9
McGreggor is lucky it was stopped, Floyd could have easily put him to sleep.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
I hope Floyd pulls the plug now.

Got plenty of money and has nothing left to prove.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #11
Mayweather gave the first 3 rounds away then beat the crap out of him. Fight was a farce.

Mayweather was the boxer, and the fight went one of the two most obvious ways.

McGregor might have got lucky early, but he didn;t, and the minute it went more than 2 or 3 rounds Mayweather was so short as a favourite he was virtually unbackable. He just let McGregor wear himself out, like beginners always do McGregor spent the first few rounds making like an egg beater bashing the hell out of Mayweather's solid defence. Then as those punches slowed Mayweather pick him off with very little damage in return, without making him look like a goose.

McGregor is dead lucky Mayweather wasn't 5 or 10 years younger, he wouldn't have shown McGregor the same respect and things would have got ugly very quickly.

It's a big lesson for the populist fans, good boxers are boxers and within the rules of boxing they'll will nearly always beat a mixed martial arts type.
The Force Awakens!