Skip to main content
Topic: Tim Cahill - What Can You Say! (Read 7200 times) previous topic - next topic

Tim Cahill - What Can You Say!

35 yo, plays full 90 minutes plus time on, and just slots a lazy 2 in the back of the net to save Australia (and Ange’s job!)

Superstar. ⭐️

Re: Tim Cahill - What Can You Say!

Reply #1
35 yo, plays full 90 minutes plus time on, and just slots a lazy 2 in the back of the net to save Australia (and Ange’s job!)

Superstar. ⭐️
unbelievable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
That was woeful.

Ange is stepping down irrespective of what happens according to my mail.

He won't coach beyond the middle of next year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
That was woeful.

hopeless.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4

Superstar. ⭐️

Agree, with the slight alteration he is 37

He has also scored the most goals of any English Premier League player who hasn't scored from outside the box.
59/59 goals from inside the box. He is about 20 ahead of the next highest
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #5
Saved our bacon that's for sure.

If only players like rogic had a 10th of his aggression and desire.....

Reply #6
I'm not a big soccer fan, but from what I can tell without Cahill the rest of the squad is utter rubbish and doesn't deserve a spot in the World Cup.

We are sneaking into the main draw like Zimbabwe sneaked into test cricket, undeservedly!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
That was woeful.

I'm no expert, but something doesn't look right with Ange... either the pressure is getting to him (it's not an easy gig), or he knows he doesn't have a good enough team, or the players aren't responding.But he hasn't looked his normal self in recent months.

I'd say he would have to go if we didn't qualify, but i'm not sure there is much point in qualifying... we are an ordinary team at the moment.

Reply #8
... and someone should build a massive statue of Tim Cahill.

Reply #9
Pissing off Mooy hardly a great tactical start....like in the first leg, why leave Cahill and Rogic on the bench most of the game?

Even if on 1 leg, those blokes are proven game changers....

Maybe the bloke's ego has got the better of him?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Pissing off Mooy hardly a great tactical start....like in the first leg, why leave Cahill and Rogic on the bench most of the game?

Even if on 1 leg, those blokes are proven game changers....

Maybe the bloke's ego has got the better of him?

Malaysia game was played in humid conditions... I think he might have been trying to ensure we had enough in the tank for the second leg... both sides looked to be cooked by the end of extra time last night.

Was surprised with Mooy also.

Reply #11
Ange is a dead man walking. It is hugely disappointing for Australia, because after the way he had the Roar playing a few seasons back, many considered in Australia that we finally had a world class coach and that when he did eventually take control of the national team, it would herald our next glory years.

Unfortunately he has been a failure as the national coach despite the Asian Cup. He is steadfast in his own belief, which all the great managers are, but he isn't backing it up with the Australian team.

Now to also be fair, this is an Australia team that could best be compared to the early 90s teams. There are a handful of decent players in there, but this isn't a team of quality.

In our qualifying game against Uruguay in 2005.
We had
Bresciano, Cahill & Aloisi on the bench  :o
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #12
Are any of our current list of players among the top ranked in the world ratings?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Are any of our current list of players among the top ranked in the world ratings?
There is not an Australian in the top 500 players in the world in reality at present
Goals for 2017
=============

Reply #14
There is not an Australian in the top 500 players in the world in reality at present

And there it is.

All the local media pump these guys up as World Soccer Superstars, and bemoan them being pushed or beaten by a bunch of unknowns or minnows. But in reality I can often find players from the opposition who are in the world rankings, yet I cannot find the Australians.

Perhaps there is some systematic reason for this, games played, travel, etc., etc., but it seems hard to explain if we are the under-performing soccer superstars that is alleged by many domestic media commentators.

Maybe the players we have are just no good, past it, or living on undeserved reputations and we should stop blaming the coach!

To me it looks like the Australian Soccer and Australian Cricket teams are full of over-rated highlight reel players who pick and choose when and where to make an effort! They play like they have Premiership hangover, yet have won relatively nothing!

Another curiosity for me, where are all the indigenous players, you'd think they'd have a lot of those blokes covered for speed and agility.
The Force Awakens!