Skip to main content
Topic: The Brisbane Test (Read 14039 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Brisbane Test

Reply #15
I'm tired of only one team batting to win... At least we score fast enough to move the game along.  Other sides bat time, placing us under pressure to try and score faster to force a result.

Tactics seem to be to grind us into the ground.....Malan is a nice stroke maker and impressive, unusual to see Ali so patient....
Really lack that 5th bowler...

Reply #16
They're batting to only bat once, crap old-school tactics designed to not lose a test and flog our bowlers.

Can see our side being changed for the next test.. bowlers will be stuffed.

Kevin Mitchell - poor effort.  It would want to be a better pitch when the Indians come out next time.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
They're batting to only bat once, crap old-school tactics designed to not lose a test and flog our bowlers.

Can see our side being changed for the next test.. bowlers will be stuffed.

Kevin Mitchell - poor effort.  It would want to be a better pitch when the Indians come out next time.

Tactics changed, more aggression with shorter pitched bowling and better results....we just bowled too nice yesterday.
Maybe got carried away and gave Broad some extra runs but had to laugh when Anderson came out to bat and got sledged every ball.
Shaun Marsh would want to make some runs...both he and Khwaja are passengers in the field..

Reply #18
From all reports, Starc and Hazelwood bowled like D divisions bowlers yesterday.

302 is a great result for us.

Bancroft knicked a ball he should have left well alone....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19
From all reports, Starc and Hazelwood bowled like D divisions bowlers yesterday.

302 is a great result for us.

Bancroft knicked a ball he should have left well alone....

Khwaja out to Ali.....his mind is shot playing spin......

Poms have seen Bancroft in county cricket and seemed to know where to bowl and set the field to him.

Reply #20
We should have used Dukes instead of Kookaburra, at least we'd have something to blame! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Puck me, if you've got a problem DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Khawaja against off spin is embarrassing.  He couldn't survive against a park spinner ATM.  A!aaaaaaaargh he craps me no end, bloody passenger.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #22
The Big Show now 160no in the Shield Game....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
Kudos to Shaun Marsh for sticking with his skipper after the others gave their wickets up very lamely!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
The Big Show now 160no in the Shield Game....

All too late for him, I like him as he has an X-Factor but in reality he should need to do that for a year of cricket to get back in now!

On this test, we've been sucked in to playing nice, who's idea was that?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Great innings by Smith!  I may question his captaincy at times but his batting is elite.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Ended up on 278!

It's bad luck the Vics didn't bat him up the order in the previous game.

Meanwhile, Smith's favourite district cricketer Hughes is opening the batting and Cowan is coming in at 6  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Smith made a great century, that wasnt an easy wicket to bat on  and then Hazlewood really bent his back and removed Cook and the in form Vince with some ripper bowling.
Really enjoyed the last session, tough test cricket....Root got hit by Starc and it was nasty stuff with  part of his helmet getting smashed off, thought he looked a bit punchy after that but he managed to stick it out and survive till stumps.
England are 2 for 9 in reality and we have the upper hand, dont expect the poms to go down without a fight but we should win this test IMO....reckon Warner can hit us to victory in the 2nd innings....
Thinking Stokes will be on a plane to Aus in a couple of days....

Reply #29
Ended up on 278!

So many have suspected he is capable of that, why did it take get the kibosh from the test team for him to finally show what he is capable of! It reminds me of some footballers we know, the guys who always seems to leave their very best until it's contract signing time!

As for the Brisbane test, Kudos to Smith, he is clearly the best batsmen in the world at the moment. But.....

He again exposed his lack of imagination as a captain, when we took the field he could have really turned the screws, but instead he went through the motions. In contrast, Root's captaincy was a blessing for test cricket, and something the ACB should be learning from!

If I wasn't fearful that Smith's batting would decline if we removed his captaincy, I'd do it tomorrow!
The Force Awakens!