Skip to main content
Topic: Comm Games 2018 (Read 3374 times) previous topic - next topic

Comm Games 2018

Starc junior jumps a PB to win the high jump!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Comm Games 2018

Reply #1
It's been a pretty big night in the field
National record and Gold for Kathryn Mitchell in the Javelin and Henry Frayne's leading the Long Jump

...was leading the long jump :( (2cm behind now)

Silver to Frayne.

Reply #2
Watched some of the Mozambique v Aus womens basketball and couldnt believe the Mozambique flag has a AK-47 Assault rifle with a bayonet attached with a gardening hoe on it as its insignia, its some throw back from a Liberation Army Flag but highly inappropriate IMO....

Reply #3
It's been a pretty big night in the field
National record and Gold for Kathryn Mitchell in the Javelin and Henry Frayne's leading the Long Jump

...was leading the long jump :( (2cm behind now)

Silver to Frayne.

Great job by Frayne. The South African is the current world champ?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
Wow, what a night at the track last night !......I am unashamedly biased towards the track when it comes to track & field, but wow, when you get a field comp like the mens pole vault & to a lesser extent the womens long jump, last night, there is nothing else like the drama & excitement it generates !  Cool as a cucumber Kurtis Marschall in the pole vault.

Then top that off with a couple of incredible & crazy finishes in the 200 & the 800.....just wow.  Luke Mathews was gone for all money at the top of the bend in the 800, so was the English runner Langford, brilliant last 100m from both of them.

And the 200.....well, I thought Hughes was in strife as soon as I saw the front on replay....what on earth was he doing with his arm ????

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.