Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 - Elimination final - Carlton vs Brisbane - Sunday 1:10pm (Read 6267 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2020 - Elimination final - Carlton vs Brisbane - Sunday 1:10pm

Reply #30
Have you taught your little bloke about replays Kruddler?

If not, there's some super AFLW games on the record.
Might keep the momentum up for a while.

Welcome to the passionate Bluebaggers club little fella 👊

I'll have to get him to watch some other stuff soon.

I noticed on Kayo that they had the 2008(?) State of origin/all star game which fev won the medal on. Might try that one and point out how its the best of the best playing....then show him some other Fev and Eddie games and let him see how good they were and how much fun they have playing for Carlton. Then slide in some AFLW games as well.

Reply #31
My youngest has been able to sing the entire Carlton theme song since he was two and a half.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #32
From the votes thread:

Does anyone still doubt what AFLW can deliver, in a year or so all games will be at that intensity and standard!

The intensity of the first 5-10 minutes was frenetic.  I didn’t think that they could keep it up ... but the intensity hardly dropped off at all.

The number of dropped marks and fumbles was understandably higher than usual (but still less than in previous seasons) but players generally hit their targets.  Our ball use was particularly creative and especially when we got it to the outside.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
My youngest has been able to sing the entire Carlton theme song since he was two and a half.

Ive taken him to games, since he was 10 months. But he is usually not wanting to be there.

He is like me, stubborn, if he doesn't want to learn something he won't.

So i've held back, and now he has decided that he wants to learn.....finally!

Reply #34
I really feel for the club and the gals re the AFLW season being cancelled. They were a red hot chance.

Anyway, bravo to Harf, his coaching team, the club and above all... the gals. To a person, you're bloody champs... and premiers in our eyes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
I really feel for the club and the gals re the AFLW season being cancelled. They were a red hot chance.

Anyway, bravo to Harf, his coaching team, the club and above all... the gals. To a person, you're bloody champs... and premiers in our eyes.

Indeed!

Harf’s coaching was brilliant and perfectly matched the team.  A coach with the emotional intelligence to pull that off should enjoy success at any level.

We were able to absorb whatever the opposition threw at us, tweak the game plan to gain the ascendency, then power away, thanks to good coaching, shrewd list management and excellent player development.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
Indeed!

Harf’s coaching was brilliant and perfectly matched the team.  A coach with the emotional intelligence to pull that off should enjoy success at any level.

We were able to absorb whatever the opposition threw at us, tweak the game plan to gain the ascendency, then power away, thanks to good coaching, shrewd list management and excellent player development.
You won't get any disagreement from me, the sure sign of a coaching hack is the bloke who has a formula! Sure the formula might be successful once or twice in a long career, but generally the key to their tenure is the ability to sell the formula to clubs and players, not how good it is!

That is why some successful coaches, at least in my opinion, seem to be way way way ahead of others!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Has there been any news about the Tayla Harris report?

I thought that Harris actually stopped her ‘sling’ and it was the other Brisbane player’s leg that did the damage - mild as it was.  There were two other sling tackles that were more forceful and dangerous.

Reply #38
Has there been any news about the Tayla Harris report?

I thought that Harris actually stopped her ‘sling’ and it was the other Brisbane player’s leg that did the damage - mild as it was.  There were two other sling tackles that were more forceful and dangerous.
Report dismissed. No trouble for Tayla.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #39
Never should've been reported in the first place.

Reply #40
Never should've been reported in the first place.

Agree. I can only assume that the umpire was blindsided and couldn't see that the opponents head actually hit a team mates leg.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Agree. I can only assume that the umpire was blindsided and couldn't see that the opponents head actually hit a team mates leg.
Oh definitely. But thats why the AFL has tried to take 'reports' out of the field umpires hands and do it all in the MRP.

It was a report....but also a free kick. Should have even been a free kick or was it a free kick because it was a report?

It was wrong in any event

Reply #42
I think the free was there; the tackle continued well after the ball had gone, but it shouldn’t have been a free for a dangerous tackle as was paid.

Tayla certainly threw her weight around, and with good effect.  She seems to have an instinctive awareness of when to tackle and when to bump, and she executes both very well.

Perhaps there’s a role for as tackling/bumping/boxing coach for our blokes 🙂